Antenna Capability Group Manager
BAE Systems - FAST Labs Hardware Engineering Organization is seeking a strong lead for the Antenna Capability Group. Candidates should have demonstrated experience developing antenna and array technology in the area of Low Observable Technology, leading teams and projects, developing technology roadmaps aligned with the Business Areas, reviewing and approving bids, assessing technical reviews and work products, monitoring a portfolio of projects, tracking and trending metrics, implementing Hardware (HW) process, managing HW Initiatives, working with deliverable Product, and supporting customers. The Antenna Capability Group manager is also responsible for managing all BAE Systems Antenna Ranges that handle both Engineering Development and Deliverable Product.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Serve as functional manager for 50+ engineers, EAs, and/or technicians
- Fulfill and negotiate staffing resources to support Program needs
- Establish department utilization targets manage to budget
- Ensure functional training plans are accurate and staff traing is up to date
- Support proposals, bids, BOEs, Execution reviews, CARs, technical reviews, Initiatives
- Develop technology roadmaps that are aligned with multiple business areas
- Drive collaboration with applicable CG's (Amplifier, RF Front End, DF/Geo)
- Hire and develop talent to support business needs
- Develop section leads and rotate appropriately
- Develop and execute capital plans
- Ensure capacity of the Antenna Ranges supports production volume associated with Ramp-to-Rate
Bachelor's Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Current Secret clearance required; Top Secret/SCI preferred
- Experience in design and deployment of Low Observable Apertures and Arrays
- Phased Array Design & Test Experience
- Proven leader of a cross functional team
- Experience in DFM, DFT, and DTUPC applied design principles
- Familiarity with system-level analysis, specification generation, and transition to production
- Masters or PhD degree in engineering or scientific field preferred, but not required.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top