Aircraft Mechanic (A&P)
I. BASIC FUNCTIONS OFTHE JOB:
Plans and performs installation and test of mechanical modifications to, and preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of mechanical and structural components for complex systems such as military shelters, aircraft (including engine(s)), ground vehicles, etc., as may be applicable. Works from, and assists in the development of, engineering drawings. Works independently, with minimal supervision. Read and interpret mechanical fabrication and installation drawings. Perform installation and troubleshooting of various mechanical systems on military and FAA fixed and rotary wing aircraft. Perform mechanical sub-assembly fabrication. Ability to use basic hand tools and sheet metal modification tools.
II. PRIMARY DUTIESAND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job. Incumbent(s) perform one or more of the following duties.)
1. Inspects, tests, adjusts and certifies moderately complex assemblies, sub-assemblies, parts and systems for compliance with specifications and quality assurance practices following blue prints, schematics and inspection manuals using hand tools and precision testing equipment.
2. Troubleshoots malfunctions in moderately complex equipment by providing assistance via telephone, message or personal visit to site. Performs repairs by adjusting, calibrating, aligning or modifying circuitry and components using hand and power tools.
3. Reviews customer specifications, design changes and related data to determine logistic needs of projects. Reviews schedules, inventory reports, and work orders and confers with supervisor to determine type, quantity and availability of required material and priorities of customer orders. Identifies materials overdue and determines its location, availability and condition.
4. Initiates requisitions and replenishes parts, equipment and material required for the project. Records quantity and type of materials distributed. Arranges transportation for shipment of parts, equipment and material to various operations.
5. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Education
Associates Degree & 4 year(s) related experience
High School Diploma or GED & 6 year(s) related
FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Certificate is
Familiar with and able to read and understand
company and manufacturer technical manuals
Ability to see and hear approaching vehicles,
aircraft, and machinery that could present immediate danger.
Due to the physical aspect of this position, individual must be able to lift up
to 50-lbs, climb, bend, knee, crawl and stoop frequently in confined spaces.
Solid communication skills.
Positive and professional image.
Exercise good judgment in working with people in a team environment as well as
in aircraft maintenance and safety.
Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top