Aircraft Maintenance - Operations / Repair Station Manager
- Rosamond, CA
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools and skills they need to succeed.
Be a part of a company that is part of the community, driven to improve our future, protect our freedom - and what matters.
We are seeking an Operations Manager to supervise and manage the Mojave California aircraft maintenance team, for both customer and company owned aircraft assets.
In addition, this position serves as the BAE Systems Part 145 Repair Station Manager.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversees preplanned workloads to assure a smooth flow of both priority and routine tasks. Ensures aircraft technicians and repair station staff receives appropriate training. Completes, maintains, and processes pertinent paperwork and records.
2. Interfaces with support personnel and direct reports to ensure customer satisfaction. Assists program management by ensuring fulfillment of contractual obligations including cost, quality and schedules. Communicates with Design Engineers, Field Engineers, and Quality Assurance regarding aircraft modification issues and follows-up to make sure fixes are received and tested.
3. Responsible for subordinate employee training, performance assessment, work assignments, and recognition/disciplinary actions. Initiates purchase requisitions as required
4. Communicates maintenance, logistics, quality, safety and environmental issues to senior management when necessary.
5. Coordinates and/or approves local operating and personnel actions, policies and procedures within the generalized framework of overall corporate guidelines
6. Ensures adherence to established standards of individual performances and site discipline.
7. Will provide supervision including problem resolution, coordination and status of team's activities.
8. Develops and implements work processes, standards, and policies for work conducted by technicians to ensure high levels of production and regulatory compliance.
9. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
The Repair Station Manager must hold a valid FAA Airframe and Power Plant license, have a minimum of 10-years' experience in the aviation industry, and must ensure compliance at all times with all Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR), manufacturing specifications and recommendations.
Required Skills and Education
Required education: High School/GED
• Must have a high school diploma and at least 14 years of maintenance experience on various types of aircraft.
• Must hold an Airframe and Powerplant license for a minimum of 10 years
• Read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
• Have at least five years in a supervisory capacity maintaining aircraft.
• Must understand both FAR Part 145 and Part 91.
• Must understand and have experience with DCMA Instruction 8210 for Contractor's Ground and Flight Operations.
• Familiar with AS9100C and AS9100B standards.
• Working knowledge of FOD and Tool Control, Aircraft Maintenance Information Systems and Technical Orders.
• Assists with new business or expands the product line with the customer by proposal writing and establishing bids.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to think and act independently in an efficient manner.
• Strong demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Proficient PC skills.
• Develops a work environment of open and honest communications that will instill confidence and credibility by actively engaging with the workforce.
• Leads by example; Exhibits enthusiasm and encourages a sense of urgency.
• Demonstrates humility, respect and understanding.
• Establishes credibility thru actions.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top