Aircraft Electrical Engineer
BAE Systems is hiring a Senior Analog Engineer to design analog and power supply circuits.
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
This role will be supporting engineering development, integration, test and transition to production efforts on complex electronic modules. Candidate will provide electrical engineering support to a dynamic engineering development team, leading first unit test, design verification test, integration and transition to production tasks on complex analog, digital and/or RF electronic circuit cards and modules. From applications that perform under water to applications that perform in outer space BAE Systems ES has many opportunities to work on interesting and multifaceted systems at all levels of the design and production phases of a program.
In this role, you will be working collaboratively with other engineering disciplines in small teams to design novel solutions to complex design requirements. For example, You may be called upon to design the power supply and built in test (BIT) circuitry for a pulse laser, transducer, or an RF transmitter/receiver or you may be called upon to design a Point of Load (POL) for an FPGA/processor module that requires remote sensing for tight regulation of loads on the order of 90A.
The successful candidate must possess strong technical aptitude, communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally within the hardware organization and with other engineering disciplines/functions. Must be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment in technical areas.
This position may include the following activities:
- Support test and troubleshooting of systems, modules and sub-assemblies of mixed technology (Analog, Digital and/or RF) modules, working directly with program engineering personnel as required
- Interface with Engineering, Operations, Quality and other supporting functions to drive defect resolution to root cause
- Generate and implement improvements in product and test design and methodologies to reduce cost, increase yield, and improve throughput
- Generate and review the technical content of test procedures, drawings, engineering specifications, reports, Engineering Change Orders, and other documentation
- Interface with governmental customers and suppliers as required
- Provide training and support to technicians and manufacturing personnel as required
- Support Root Cause and Corrective Action activities
- Mentor peers and more junior engineers in areas of expertise
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Eligible for DOD Security Clearance.
- Experience with the design, build, integration and/or test of complex electronic systems.
- Able to research and apply electrical engineering principles and theories to solve electrical engineering problems.
- Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability.
- Ability to close on discrete tasking in a timely manner and lead others to closure.
- Experience presenting technical information to program teams and/or customers.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience designing Synchronous Buck, Buck-Boost, Linear regulators
- Experience designing operational amplifier circuits
- Master's Degree
- Active DOD Security Clearance.
- Demonstrated success contributing to requirements definition, design, integration, test and delivery of complex Electronic Warfare systems.
- Experience designing isolated topologies such as Flyback, Push-Pull, Full-Bridge, Half-Bridge, Two Switch Forward.
- Experience designing and testing to MIL-STD-704 (or MIL-STD-1399) and MIL-STD-461.
- Experience with technical oversight/management of subcontracts.
- Experience designing custom magnetics.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top