Aircraft CAD Design and Drafter
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Designs and reviews complex packages for systems and platforms. Uses advanced
technical knowledge to design intricate and complex systems. Supports
engineering staff in the timely execution and completion of complex design
projects. Ensures designs meet specifications set by the customer.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and
importance in the job. Incumbent(s) perform one or more of the
1. Designs components or portions of systems and modifies existing
designs to develop or improve products.
2. Adapts existing documentation to create enhanced, or improved,
3. Utilizes computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools to
create system designs.
4. Researches equipment and products to be used in final design.
5. Gathers information, makes studies, computes calculations, and
prepares original rough layouts.
6. Creates, maintains and updates engineering records and files as appropriate.
7. Interfaces with all involved parties to ensure final product
meets all specifications.
8. May assist with the preparation of test procedures for various
9. May serve as a mentor to junior level designers.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Required education: Associates or equivalent experience
• Working knowledge of aerospace materials and specifications.
• Supply technical drawings and 3 Dimensional models of specialized parts, tooling, and assembly.
• Produce technical drawings, assembly drawings, & bill of materials. • Maintain multiple CAD and documentation databases.
• Working knowledge of CATIA, SolidWorks, AutoCAD and Microsoft office suite
Preferred Skills and Education
Associates degree in engineering, or related field, or equivalent knowledge required. Seven years of technical
experience required. Drawing Checker experience preferred. Ability to solve problems of substantial variety and complexity required. Ability to operate with substantial latitude for independent judgment and action required.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top