Airborne SIGINT/EW Program Manager I
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
The Airborne SIGINT/EW (Signals Intelligence/Electronic Warfare) Product Area within our Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Systems Business Area, located in Hudson, NH is seeking a passionate, self-starting individual to manage a diverse portfolio of Army projects.
You will be part of a high performance multi-disciplinary team that is committed to delivering exceptional results to our customers as we work collaboratively to trail-blaze the convergence of SIGINT, EW and Cyber technologies and mission sets.
You will be responsible for supporting the Airborne SIGINT/EW Directorate with all aspects of project execution including customer liaison, cost, performance, scheduling, technical execution, risk management and problem solving. In addition, this position will be on the forefront of new business capture in this rapidly-evolving acquisition and technology development space.
Success comes with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Seize the opportunity to collaborate with customers and influence various functional units within BAE Systems - Engineering, Operations, Business Development, and Program Management.
- Support cross-functional teams in the development of new products and/or features;
- Participate in the proposal development process;
- Align and inform team members and stakeholders on roles and responsibilities, awareness of project scope, milestones, etc.;
- Drive project work to completion, using good judgment in determining when to escalate issues internally;
- Participate in program reviews, technical interchange meetings/reviews, engineering change reviews and system engineering team meetings;
- Establish relationships with Government customers and suppliers to ensure successful execution of projects.
- Support project financial planning and analysis
- Prepare internal and external briefing material and presentations
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Top Secret clearance and eligible for SCI
- Strong leadership skills leading cross functional teams
- Experience managing development programs for the US Department of Defense or Intelligence Community (IC)
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; the ability to interact with and effectively present information to employees, leadership, and customers
- High degree of personal drive and initiative
- Understanding of Earned Value methods, scheduling techniques, and requirements definition
- Experience with software development programs, engineering development and systems integration processes
- SIGINT/EW Domain expertise
- Active TS/SCI clearance preferred
- Foundation in engineering or technical discipline
- Experience leading new business captures
- Experience doing business in the SIGINT market is strongly preferred
- Understanding of DoD acquisition process
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience with MS Project Background in Project Management or Financial Planning and Analysis
- Proficient in the application of Earned Value Management System, Master Planning Techniques and Subcontract Management
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top