Air Defense Systems Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking a self-motivated and experienced candidate to support the Standoff Munitions Application Center (SMAC). SMAC supports the Joint Force Air Component Commander (JFACC) by optimizing efficiency and combat effectiveness of High Demand Low Density (HD/LD) global strike and theater standoff munitions. This position is located at the government facility at Offutt Air Force Base, NE.
The Air Defense Systems Engineer serves as a resident engineering expert, often as a team leader, responsible for researching, developing, and maintaining the anti-air models and simulations used to analyze Geographic and Functional Combatant Commander (GCC/FCC) war plans in support of strategic, operational and tactical objectives. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Bachelor’s degree in Technical, Engineering, or Computer Information Systems related degree required or equivalent related military work experience (United States Air Force [USAF], United States Navy [USN] or United States Marine Corp [USMC]).
- Assists in the development, maintenance, and enhancement of required analysis tools to evaluate effectiveness of contingencies and probable outcomes.
- Ability to conduct aircraft and missile penetration analysis against foreign air defense systems in support of multiple Combatant Commanders.
- Ensures community acceptance of models and methodology based on verification and validation of modeling parameters.
- Ability to analyze objective and subjective differences, resolves conflicts, and selects best estimates.
- Ability to anticipate future needs and develops policy and guidance material to ensure effective war plan analysis.
- Develop and maintain anti-air models and enhance model fidelity through research and analysis.
- Applies engineering knowledge to develop and maintain anti-air models used in EADSIM for aircraft penetration analysis.
- Ability to conduct mission-level and engagement-level studies employing platforms to verify model fidelity and validate model performance to ensure models used in mission analysis are operating as expected.
- Establishes work effort priorities for government and contract personnel, and maintains cooperative efforts with DoD intelligence organizations and anti-air experts.
- Ability to analyze anti-air threats and provide threat envelope information to mission planners.
- Performs a broad range of weapon systems analyses assignments developing methodologies for and evaluating the effectiveness of advanced weapon systems, related equipment, and force structures against threat countries.
- Utilizes scientific inquiry in the independent development of mathematical models and computer simulations.
- Demonstrated experience in modeling and simulation techniques.
- Utilizes engineering knowledge, mathematical and statistical techniques, elements of operations research theory, and innovative efforts to develop new solutions.
- Provides technical guidance, advisory support, and assistance on an entire project and/or major phases for broad and varied operations.
- Functions as a technical manager and advisor on contract and budget activities involving modeling and simulation.
- Attends meetings, conferences, briefings, and seminars related to program planning and advanced technologies.
- Self-starter with ability to multitask.
- Team player with a proactive attitude.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- SAP access is required. Preferred Skills and Education – Rated officer experience. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top