Agile Business Analyst
BAE Systems is searching for an Agile Business Analyst for a program based in Dulles, VA.
You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. In this role, you will elicit technical requirements, analyze requirements, identify solutions for requirements fulfillment and collaborate with Agile Product Owners, Scrum Masters and other members of a Development Team. You will contributions will assist in the design, development, test (automation), deployment and documentation of working software. The successful candidate will bring strong critical thinking skills and impeccable judgment to prioritize multiple efforts and make a long-lasting impact for our customer.
- Analyze and explain Non-Functional Requirements (NFR) to Stakeholders and Product Managers
- Facilitate Value Stream Mapping and/or Story Mapping with Stakeholders and Product Managers
- Create User Stories for software developers, testers and operations and maintenance (O&M) professionals.
- Review documentation, describing system specifications and operating instructions, and revise existing processes and procedures to correct deficiencies.
- Confer with Customers regarding the nature of the information processing or computation needs a software application must address.
- Interview or survey software application Users, observe job performance or perform the job to determine what information is processed and how it is processed.
- Define the goals of a system and devise visualizations describing the logical operational steps of an application.
- Review and analyze computer performance indicators to locate code problems and correct errors.
- Read manuals, periodicals, and technical reports to learn how to develop programs that meet Stakeholder and User requirements.
- Support the Scrum Development Team with full Agile support, robust reporting and research, workflow generations, status tracking and Agile Portfolio Management.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- The Candidate must possess an active Intel Security Clearance with a Favorable Polygraph. Candidate will not be considered without it.
- Bachelor's degree in either Business Administration, Computer Science or related IT or Engineering field.
- 5+ years of RECENT Business Analysis experience
- The ideal candidate will be able to communicate well professionally and document extensively and utilize web-based IT project management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, CA Rally or the GIT suite.
- The ideal candidate would also be familiar with and ready to fully integrate with IT project management processes such as Scrum, Lean, Agile and DevOps.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top