Aftermarket Product Support Engineer
- Lead and drive activities to improve test yields & reduce cycle time.
• Lead and direct Product Test Engineers on critical test issues (i.e. poor test yields, engineering investigations and product throughput improvements).
• Ensure field investigation readiness & execution.
• Ensure readiness for new programs transitioning into Aftermarket (i.e. test methodology, test
hardware availability, etc).
• Review/approve new or changes to Component Maintenance Manuals (CMMs) and Service
• Mentor Product Test Engineers to establish test/troubleshoot methods and analyze test data.
• Provide technical leadership for assigned hardware/systems to assure goals of turn-time, cost,
reliability and customer satisfaction are met.
• Resolve engineering configuration / hardware support issues.
• Support customer or agency audits as necessary.
• Support Program Managers by analyzing in-service data to identify need for repairs or changes
in product design.
• Identify technical solutions to address reliability issues.
• Provide data analysis by customer to support Mean Time Between Removals (MTBR) calculations,
and problem identification.
• Support failure analysis and product design changes.
• Analyze In-Flight-Shutdown or other "Event" hardware and report findings to customer and appropriate engineering functions. Provide customer requested data when needed.
• Attend technical customer workshops and Maintenance & Repair Operation (MRO) tradeshows.
• Provide formal technical communication in response to customer requests.
• Support Commercial Customer and Military Reliability reviews by presenting to the customers on
the performance of the Engine Control Programs and the Service Center performance.
• Understand cost impact of Component Maintenance Manuals (CMMs) and Service Bulletins
(SBs) to provide input to program management for catalog pricing decisions.
• Support business analysis of Service Center in respect to cost and pricing.
Bachelor's Degree in EE or EET and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
• Enter FAA mandated Anti-Drug Pool. Subject to random drug testing
• Systems knowledge of electronic engine controls
• Electronics manufacturing and test knowledge.
• Statistical control knowledge such as "Six Sigma"
• Ability to work proficiently with computer based systems.
• Lean manufacturing knowledge and experience.
• Advanced level Oracle, Data Analysis Software and MSOffice user.
• Analog and/or digital electronics troubleshooting.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top