The AFJS SME will support the operation and maintenance of the AFJS JADOC suite, which includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Multi-Source Correlator Tracker (MSCT).
- Tactical Display Framework (TDF).
- Joint Range Extension (JRE).
- Situational Awareness Data Link (SADL).
- Multifunctional Information Distribution System (MIDS).
- Tactical Military Very High Frequency (VHF)/Ultra High Frequency (UHF)/Satellite communications (SATCOM) radios.
- TACLANEs and configurations within AFJS.
- Communications Security (COMSEC) keying material (KEYMAT)
- The AFJS SME will support the AFJS suite during normal duty hours and during non-duty hours on a 24/7, on-call, or as-needed basis. The contractor shall ensure the Government can contact a contractor point-of-contact (POC) for AFJS maintenance at any time.
- The AFJS SME will install, configure, and maintain Cisco, Microsoft client/server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and Solaris operating systems (OS).
- The AFJS SME will maintain an AFJS Network Management System (NMS).
- The AFJS SME will apply applicable Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and perform Security Readiness Reviews (SRRs) to improve information assurance and cyber security posture of AFJS systems and networks.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Applicant must be Eligible for a Secret clearance, but prefer an active Secret Fully Adjudicated clearance.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Telecommunications, or other related scientific or technical discipline with 7 years of IT experience.
- A Masters of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Telecommunications, or other related scientific or technical discipline with 5 years of IT experience.
- A High School diploma and 13 years of IT experience.
Successful applicant will be able to work independently, demonstrate strong initiative, an ability to organize daily tasks with minimal supervision and demonstrates the following:
- Experience with Windows operating systems and Redhat Linux.
- Experience with troubleshooting, proactively identifying issues and driving them to resolution.
- Familiarity with documenting system functionality, source control systems and configuration/change management practices.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to interact with team members, external vendors, various levels of management, and internal clients with assorted levels of computer experience.
- Committed to results and success in accomplishing goals.
- A fast learner with a demonstrated ability to quickly learn technology and understand unique system requirements.
- Excellent customer service skills
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in IT related field
- Security + CE certification
- C4I systems experience
- Standards compliance and information assurance
- Prior experience training, coaching and working directly with end users
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top