Affordability Industrial Engineer
BAE is seeking an experienced Industrial Engineer to lead and support Design to Unit Production Cost (DTUPC) and Unit Production Cost (UPC) activities for the STS Business area across the New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Austin Texas campuses. The individual should have previous experience leading and supporting DTUPC and UPC initiatives, preferably in an Electronics Manufacturing environment. A thorough understanding of and familiarity with manufacturing learning curves is a must. Previous experience with sensor systems, high powered laser systems, complex electronic control units, fiber-optic technology, and various other IR/EO technologies is desired but not required.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Interpreting and applying manufacturing learning curve and improvement strategies across multiple programs and product lines.
- Supporting all programs across the STS business areas in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Austin Texas. 25% travel is possible.
- Providing Subject Matter Expert level knowledge of DTUPC development and execution strategies across various stages of product life cycles.
- Providing active support and strategic solutions to DTUPC, Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Design for Test (DFT), UPC type activities.
- Understanding of cost drivers and how to mitigate them inclusive of test yield, manufacturing yield, scrap, etc.
- Working with teams to develop affordability solutions that coincide with identified DTUPC efforts.
- Identifying Hours Per Unit (HPU) reduction opportunities applicable to low rate and full rate production factories considering assembly processes, hardware designs, test effectiveness, etc.
Supporting proposal and cost evaluation activities to support linking DTUPC and Price to Win targets.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
BS in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or equivalent and 12 plus year of work experience. Strong understanding of manufacturing methods and cost improvement activities. Highly effective team player able to self-manage and priorities schedule and responsibilities. Must be a US citizen eligible for a DOD security clearance and will be subject to a security investigation
Preferred Skills and Education
Must be self-motivated and independent. Must have a working knowledge of Financial systems, cost rollups, finance organization/language. Previous experience with IR/EO technologies is not required but is preferred. Proficient in Excel, Visual Basic, Dataview type programs
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top