Aerospace Software Developer
BAE Systems is hiring for experienced Aerospace Software Developers!
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
In this role, you will be responsible to:
- Design and develop applications software and systems.
- Collaborate with hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Analyze system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls
- Design and develop compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent 5+ years of experience with embedded software development
- Must be a motivated, team-oriented individual
- Technical writing skills: capable of creating required engineering documentation
- Experience in full lifecycle development including requirements, design, code, integration and verification
- Experience with digital bus protocols (Ethernet, ARINC 429, RS232, 1394, CAN, ARINC-664, Mil-Std-1553)
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems (VxWorks, Integrity)
- Experience performing Hardware/Software Integration
- Experience performing system level Integration/Verification
- Experience with Model-Based Development tools such as Matlab/Simulink
- Project leadership experience
- Familiarity with DO-178B/C or experience with other safety critical applications (medical, nuclear, automotive etc.)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top