AEGIS Waterfront Program Support
- San Diego, CA
The selected candidate will be responsible for providing direct technical and administrative support to multiple waterfront programs. The Waterfront Technical Support role provides coordination and technical administrative support and engineering and technical analysis support to onsite Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS) waterfront representatives, Naval Surface Warfare Center Port Hueneme (NSWC-PHD) Availability Project Engineers and other waterfront team members during all planning and execution phases of Aegis availabilities. Provides high level of administrative support with data management, report compilation, and meeting documentation.
Overview of duties and responsibilities:
- Provide onsite technical and administrative support to Combat System Project Engineers (CSPE) through all planning and execution phases of Aegis availabilities:
- Develop, manage, and distribute various availability supporting documentation and reports.
- Manage availability milestones (planned versus actual), Alteration Installation Status reports, manning reports, Test and Integration Schedules, lessons learned, weekly Production or Test Reports, End of Event turnover documentation, other items as requested.
- Coordinate, facilitate and/or participate in various planning and execution telcons and meetings, generating required presentation material, preparing and distributing meeting minutes and reports, and tracking action items through resolution.
- Provide assessment discrepancy hardware data management by collecting and validating material assessment forms; work with team to acquire and validate accurate part information; process all valid 2-kilos IAW TYCOM instruction and ensure completion of upload to Ship's Current Ship Maintenance Plan.
- Continuously track status of all assessment discrepancies and respective parts throughout availability to facilitate completion of items with potential impact to AEGIS Light-Off; collaborate with Ship's Force and availability team members to ensure a path to resolution, and provide routine and final reports to CSPE, Ship's Force, and availability team leads.
- Monitor, maintain, and provide various status reports and inputs to CSPE and team leads.
- Prepare presentation slides on behalf of the CSPE to provide availability status and to support required readiness reviews.
- Perform duties in both office and industrial (shipboard) environment.
- Perform other tasking as directed by PEO IWS Waterfront Reps, CSPEs, availability/assessment team leads, and/or BAE Systems management.
Required Skills and Education
US Navy Combat Systems experience
Working knowledge of Current Ship's Maintenance Project for Cruisers and Destroyers of the US Naval Fleet
Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office Suite; proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access
High level of organizational skills and strong time management skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and problem solving skills
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Ability to perform in a team environment with little supervision
Flexibility with potential travel requirements; travel can flex between 0% and 75% depending on the events being supported
Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance
High School diploma and at least 14 years of related experience OR Associate degree in a technical discipline and at least 10 years of related experience OR Bachelor's degree in a technical field, business, management, or related field and at least 6 years of related experience
Preferred Skills and Education
Work Center Sup qualified / experienced
Active security clearance
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top