AEGIS Waterfront Program Support
The selected candidate will be responsible for providing direct administrative and technical support to multiple waterfront programs. The Waterfront Technical Support role provides coordination and technical administrative support and engineering and technical analysis support to onsite Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS) waterfront representatives, Naval Surface Warfare Center Port Hueneme (NSWC-PHD) Availability Project Engineers and other waterfront team members during all planning and execution phases of AEGIS availabilities. Provides high level of administrative support with data management, report compilation, and meeting documentation.
Overview of duties and responsibilities (will vary depending on the current Program of Support) include, but are not limited to:
- Provide onsite technical and administrative support to Combat System Project Engineers (CSPE) through all planning and execution phases of AEGIS availabilities:
- Develop, manage, and distribute availability supporting documentation and/or reports for Availability Milestones, Alteration Installation Status, Manning Reports, Test and Integration Schedules, Lessons Learned, Weekly Production/Test Reports, Final Report Inputs, End of Event Turnover Documentation, other items as requested.
- Coordinate, facilitate and/or participate in planning/execution telcons and various meetings.
- Generating required presentation material, preparing and distributing meeting minutes and reports, and tracking action items through resolution.
Provide assessment discrepancy hardware data management by collecting and validating submitted material assessment forms to ensure 2-kilo requirements are met; collaborate with availability team members to provide accurate part information; process all valid 2-kilos in accordance with TYCOM instruction and ensure completion of upload to Ship's Current Ship Maintenance Plan (CSMP).
- Continuously track status of all assessment discrepancies and respective parts throughout availability; collaborate with CSPE, Ship's Force and availability team members to ensure a path to resolution. Provide routine and final reports to CSPE, Ship's Force, and availability team leads.
- Provide Regional Maintenance and Modernization Coordination Office (RMMCO) gatekeeper support with review, approval, signature acquisition and form closure; if requested.
- Monitor, maintain, and provide various status reports and/or inputs to CSPE and team leads.
- Prepare presentation slides on behalf of the CSPE to provide availability status and to support required readiness reviews.
- Perform duties in both office and industrial (shipboard) environment.
- Perform other tasking as directed by PEO IWS Waterfront Reps, CSPEs, availability/assessment team leads, and/or BAE Systems management.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- US Navy Combat Systems experience, including a working knowledge of Current Ship's Maintenance Project for Cruisers and Destroyers of the US Naval Fleet
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office (proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access)
- High level of organizational skills and strong time management skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, analyze data, and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to perform in a team environment with little supervision
- Flexibility with potential travel requirements (travel can flex between 0% and 75% depending on the events being supported)
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance
- High School diploma and at least 8 years of related experience OR Associate degree and 4 years of related experience OR Bachelor's degree and 2 years of related experience
Preferred Skills and Education
- Work Center Supervisor knowledge/experience
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top