AEGIS Operations Test Analyst
BAE Systems is seeking experienced AEGIS Operations Test Analysts to be part of our dynamic technical team, located in Wallops Island, VA at the Surface Combat Systems Center (SCSC). The SCSC is located on a barrier island on the Eastern Shore of Virginia and is a tenant of the NASA's Wallops Flight Facility. SCSC provides live combat systems suites with platform specific radars and sensors and supports the following functions: combat system lifetime support engineering, platform certification, operational and technical evaluation, combat system training, interoperability testing and participates in at-sea exercises. SCSC provides a high-fidelity representative combat system of every ship in the AEGIS, Ship Self Defense System (SSDS) fleet today and those planned in the future.
The selected candidate will:
- Preview setup for mission events utilizing a daily site element schedule
- Initiate the check-out and installation of computer programs and electronic data
- Review and author computer and combat system initialization procedures
- Establishment, audit and verification of interface switch paths and configurations
- Performing analysis of system turn-over process, and other site preparations necessary to ensure the readiness of the requested systems and equipment to support a successful mission event
- Initiate data transfer and system shut-down upon completion of the mission event
- Prepare, initiate and review post-event reports
- Perform functional analysis of system-level failures and provide recommendations for troubleshooting actions
- Function as the back-up to the Site Test Director as the technical point of contact for SCSC mission customers
- Promptly report to the Government mission event objectives status.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Minimum education and years of experience required: High School/GED and at least 10 years experience on-board an AEGIS Platform, with a minimum of 4 years (may be concurrent) as a Maintenance Manager of a technical workgroup.
Security clearance requirement: Eligible to obtain and maintain a final DoD security clearance (U.S. Citizenship required). Selected candidate will receive a contingent offer with a delayed start date until an interim clearance is granted.
- 3 years Technical experience, specifically on AEGIS Baselines 5.3.9, 6.3, 7.1/2, 8.0, 9A and BMD capable baselines (BMD 3, 4 & 9C/D/E) responsible for the Combat System Maintenance Manager organization and with the technical knowledge to bring combat systems up from cold iron status to support testing
- Must be willing and able to become Combat Systems Maintenance Manager (CSMM) certified within six months from date of hire
Preferred Skills and Education
Highly desired, but not required:
- Active DoD security clearance
- Minimum 4 yrs as Combat Systems Maintenance Manager (CSMM) or Electronics Material Officer (EMO)
- Experience in an RDT&E environment
- Experience with the New Generation Switch Controller
- Knowledge and experience with ACCESS and TRMS
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top