AEGIS Computer Operator
- Wallops Island, VA
BAE Systems is seeking experienced AEGIS Computer Operators to support the Navy mission on the Combat Systems Support (CSS) contract at Surface Combat Systems Center (SCSC) Wallops Island Virginia. The SCSC is located on a barrier island on the Eastern Shore of Virginia and is a tenant of the NASA's Wallops Flight Facility. SCSC provides live combat systems suites with platform specific radars and sensors and supports the following functions: combat system lifetime support engineering, platform certification, operational and technical evaluation, combat system training, interoperability testing and participates in at-sea exercises. SCSC provides a high-fidelity representative combat system of every ship in the AEGIS, Ship Self Defense System (SSDS) fleet today and those planned in the future.
The selected candidate will:
- Handle and control classified media and documents
- Install software computers and combat systems equipment
- Configure, light-off, initialization and set-up of Navy Combat Systems equipment in accordance with approved procedures
- Conduct data recording activities on electronic equipment during and after mission events
- Electronically transfer recorded data and media
- Assess equipment and lab functionality
- Provide effective customer service
- Operate Navy tactical systems in accordance with provided procedures and under close supervision
- Report the status of combat systems elements to SCSC government representatives
This position is controlled by the Service Contract Act (SCA) and is classified as non-exempt under the Fair Standards Act (FLSA).
Required Skills and Education
Minimum education and years of related work experience required: High School/GED and at least 2 years of experience loading and maintaining program/project documentation, initializing, operating, monitoring performance and reporting status on AEGIS Combat Systems. May be able to consider other multi-element complex commercial/defense computing systems in accordance with established procedures, but will be dependent upon type and level of experience and approval from government customer. May consider an Associate's Degree in a technical or computer related discipline in lieu of experience with AEGIS Combat Systems.
Successful candidate must be willing and able to perform in a variety of 40 hour work-week configurations, including:
1. Monday-Friday (5 x 8): 1st Shift
2. Monday-Friday (5 x 8): 2nd Shift
3. Variable 4 x 10 shifts that may include weekends (4 days on/3 days off) and may be 1st or 2nd shift
4. Sliding (5 x 8) work weeks (Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday-Saturday) and may be 1st or 2nd shift
**PLEASE NOTE - These work week configurations may be scheduled on a rotational basis
Security Clearance Requirement: Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a final DoD Secret security clearance (US Citizenship required). Selected candidate will receive a contingent offer and delayed start date, until an interim Secret clearance is granted.
Preferred Skills and Education
Highly desired, but not required:
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Military experience
- Information Security Certifications
- Experience with UNIX and Lenox
- Experience with ACCESS and TRMS
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top