AEGIS Computer Operator - CSS
This position is controlled by the Service Contract Act (SCA) and is classified as non-exempt under the Fair Standards Act (FLSA).
Seeking an AEGIS Computer Operator to support the Navy mission on the Combat Systems Support (CSS) contract at Surface Combat Systems Center (SCSC) Wallops Island Virginia. Duties include:
- Handling and control of classified media and documents
- Installation of software in computers and combat systems equipment
- Configuration, light-off, initialization and set-up of Navy Combat Systems equipment in accordance with approved procedures
- Conducting data recording activities on electronic equipment during and after mission events
- Electronic transfer of recorded data and media
- Assessment of equipment and lab functionality
- Effective customer service
- Operation of Navy tactical systems in accordance with provided procedures and under close supervision
- Reporting of the status of combat systems elements to SCSC government representatives
Required Skills and Education
Minimum education and years of related work experience required: High School/GED and at least 2 years of experience loading and maintaining program/project documentation, initializing, operating, monitoring performance and reporting status on AEGIS Combat Systems. May be able to consider other multi-element complex commercial/defense computing systems in accordance with established procedures, but will be dependent upon type and level of experience and approval from government customer. May consider an Associate's Degree in a technical or computer related discipline in lieu of experience with AEGIS Combat Systems.
Security Clearance Requirement: Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a final DoD Secret security clearance (US Citizenship required). Selected candidate will receive a contingent offer and delayed start date, until an interim Secret clearance is granted.
Preferred Skills and Education
Highly desired, but not required:
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Military experience
- Information Security Certifications
- Experience with UNIX and Lenox
- Experience with ACCESS and TRMS
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top