Advanced Technology Manager II - Signal Exploitation
Looking to make a difference developing disruptive technologies? Solving the Defense and Intelligence Communities' hardest problems with innovative software and hardware solutions, BAE Systems FAST Labs is technology's leading-edge destination for thought leaders. FAST Labs, the research arm of BAE Systems' Electronic Systems, is searching for a Technical Group Lead to manage the technical direction for new research in the Multi-Function Signal Exploitation technical group in the Networked Signal Processing (NSP) technical area. Technology Development Managers use their position, reputation, and technical expertise to create research programs that advance technology for purposes of providing discriminating capabilities for BAE Systems. Technology Development Managers focus on 1) leadership of research programs as the principal investigator or as the program manager; 2) the capture of new business opportunities as the technical or programmatic lead; 3) guiding the strategic planning of technology to coordinate investments, captures, and program execution towards overall BAE Systems business objectives; and 4) managing the execution of significant technology development programs that are being readied for transition.
As the Multi-Function Signal Exploitation Technical Group Lead (TGL), you will drive a subset of the NSP strategy focused on distributed, coherent multi-static networked RF Signal processing as it applies to radar, signals intelligence, and electronic warfare. The TGL works with the NSP Director to establish strategies for growing business aligned to these technical thrusts. The TGL works with the NSP leadership team to pursue sponsored research programs within the DoD and Intelligence S&T communities. The TGL manages a group of 5-9 scientists developing the next-generation of signal processing techniques. Additionally, the TGL coordinates and collaborates with peers and chief scientists within the Sensor Processing and Exploitation (SPX) product line as well as those in other FAST Labs product lines: Sensor Technologies (ST), Autonomy, Control, & Estimation Technologies (ACE), and Cyber Technologies (CT), RF EW and Advanced Electronics Technologies (R2E).
Key skills for this role are:
- Strategy development, business capture, and program execution
- Talent management and development
- Transition of disruptive technologies into BAE Systems Business Area products and services.
- Guide teams in executing complex research plans regularly involving multiple technical fields
- Define, propose, and lead independent technical research and development
- Provide technical oversight for project portfolios within the SPX or other product lines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience presenting technical research to large audiences
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree with 10+ year of experience
- Master's Degree and 8+ years of professional experience
- Doctorate and 5+ years of professional experience
- Leads design, development and implementation of novel, state-of-the-art solutions to complex technical problems.
- Defines, proposes and leads independent research and development.
- Collaborates with internal/external customers to align projects for eventual transition.
- Independently identifies new business opportunities and marshals resources to capture new business.
- Works directly with customers to define new concepts, articulate value of those concepts and builds new programs to develop these concepts.
- Experience providing technical leadership for new concept formulation
- Cross-Domain experience in both machine learning and RF technologies
- Experience leading advanced prototype development programs that include software and hardware integration and test.
- Eligible for US Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance (active clearance strongly preferred)
- US Citizenship is required
- Masters or PhD in electrical engineering, mathematics, or physics
- Experience as technical lead of DARPA, IARPA or government lab R&D programs.
- Broad technical network from key Universities and Research Institutions
- Network of key stakeholders/leaders in government R&D communities.
- Significant authored or co-authored publications in refereed journals, transactions and/or conferences and/or technical books/book chapters
- Management of staff resources and financial responsibility
- Active US Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top