Advanced Exploitation Research Engineer
BAE Systems is looking for research engineers to perform cutting edge development in the areas of communications systems, signal processing, and high speed data processing. You will work with team members and other performers to integrate and test complex software and hardware systems. The work will be run out of the BAE Systems Technology Solutions division where our primary customers are DARPA and other government labs. Much of the work will be performed in the context of small teams consisting of other engineers and academically strong assistant researchers.
This position functions within more than one discipline and has broader exposure to interdisciplinary work that involves hardware, software, and systems. Work performed is considered moderately complex within the spectrum of each discipline and in many cases takes into account concepts from other disciplines. You will have significant opportunities for career growth in the development of scientific and mathematical software applications and algorithms.
Duties are primarily focused on technical contribution to programs and include the full life cycle of development from inception of an idea to realization of a product tested in the real world. In order to meet rapidly changing customer requirements, rapid prototyping and agile methodologies are frequently utilized. Work is very interdisciplinary with core competencies in the fields of systems analysis, digital signal processing, applied mathematics and computer science. Our ideal Research Engineer is a strong technician, preferably with an entrepreneurial streak, who likes to take the initiative to develop innovative, robust, and extensible solutions.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer engineering (or related) and 3-5 years experience.
- Active TOP SECRET clearance is required
- Multi-platform and cross-platform development and debugging (e.g. Windows, Linux, QNX, VxWorks, Integrity)
- Competency in DSP, multi-threaded development, parallelization, and high performance software development
- C++ skills are required, preferably using BOOST libraries and STL
- Proven experience in the design and development of software solutions to complex problems using Java, C++ and Python
- Working knowledge of object-oriented programming and software design fundamentals
- Experience in producing design and unit test documentation
Preferred Skills and Education – Software defined radio interfacing and performance optimization
- RTOS development and optimization
- Embedded device development, optimization, and revectoring, including FW, DSP, and μC trades
- Microprocessor and microcontroller fundamentals: assembly, interrupt processing, register, watchdogs, memory interfacing (DMA and more)
- Cross function (SW<->FW/HW) abstraction and interface development
- Signal processing implementations in software (library assisted and developed manually)
- GPU development
- Unit test development and automation (We do a lot of distributed monte carlo unit testing)
Languages needed: CUDA, C, C++, Java, Python, R About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top