BAE Systems is looking for an Administrative Assistant to perform diversified secretarial and administrative duties of a highly confidential nature for an executive of the corporation. This role will require a high degree of tact, initiative, accuracy and judgment, a thorough understanding of business practices and procedures and the ability to interface well with all levels of management.
1. Worksunder general direction where guidelines are not established to take dictation,transcribe and type supervisor’s memos, correspondence, and special reports, ofa highly confidential nature.
2. Needto schedule and coordinate all director level meetings. This requirestremendous coordination and change management to make sure all meetings arescheduled around higher priority business level meetings.
3. Receives,screens and directs telephone calls, answers inquiries and transmitsinstructions in executive’s absence.
4. Compilesand maintains files and records of memos, correspondence, reports, etc.containing highly confidential information.
5. Composescorrespondence covering non-standard situations for executive’s signature, andmay reply to routine correspondence in supervisor’s name.
6. Meetscallers and arranges appointments for effective use of executive’s time.Assembles necessary material for executive’s meetings, and records discussions,minutes of meetings, etc. at request of executive.
7. Compilesspecial reports, conducts special projects, and performs administrative dutiesas required to relieve manager of administrative details.
8. Contactsmanagement, peers, and outside individuals to obtain, furnish and/or exchangecomplex information.
9. Establishesoffice systems to increase and/or enhance efficiency.
10. Handlestravel arrangements and itineraries and recommends options as necessary to moreeffectively schedule executive’s time for multiple people.
11. Willrequire expertise in MS Office products to facilitate the accomplishment ofresponsibilities.
12. Maydirect lower level clerical employees.
13. Performsother duties and responsibilities as required.
14. Requiresmaintenance and management of many databases; and coordination with the peopleresponsible for items in those databases. Including management of those peopleto meet their obligations.
15. Ownand manage the engineering facility moves and maintain an engineering database.
16. Reviewemails to find issues that need immediate attention and work with director toclose those quickly and efficiently
17. Creationand maintenance of various shared directory: Directorate Shared directory;Various program shared directories; PMO and Engineering shared directory;Shared directory access
18. Development/ Maintenance of shared point sites
19. Assistin the development and preparation of presentations, including overallcoordination
20. Developand maintain master meeting database
21. Developdirectorate milestone requirements, track overall progress and ensurecompliance: Performance reviews; Training plans; Award submittals; Budgetssubmittals; IRAD requests; Customer satisfaction development
22. Tracking of all required inputs needed to uppermanagement. Including tracking and driving development of this information
Required Skills and Education Requires:
- Associates Degree in Secretarial Sciences and 4 years of directly related experience, or High School education plus 6 years of directly related experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office experience including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Experience scheduling travel
- Familiarity with Outlook and ability to schedule meetings using media such as WebEx
Preferred Skills and Education High level of tact and discretion; self-motivator; proficiency in MS Office; ability to work with all levels of management and non-exempt staff.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top