Additive Manufacturing Intern (July- December)
The Electronic Systems' Hardware Engineering Department is seeking candidates that are pursuing a degree in Additive Manufacturing for a 3-6 month internship.
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services.
This employment opportunity supports a variety of Additive Manufacturing efforts in engineering development. Additionally opportunities to contribute to integration, test and transition to production efforts on complex electronic and mechanical systems.
Roles and Responsibilities may include:
- Assist with the design for additive manufacturing and analyses (structural and thermal) of hardware to be built by the Additive Process.
- Execute and oversee builds on various AM machines
- Develop and maintain Standard Work, Operation Sheets and Process Sheets for equipment and processes used in Additive Manufacturing
- Support the characterization and test of AM parts
- Assist in the development of AM material specifications
- Execute structured experiments to define am process parameters and identify build limitations
- Utilize data driven analysis to support root cause investigations
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives aimed at cost reduction or process improvement
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Internships at BAE Systems feature additional opportunities including:
- Networking with BAE Systems employees and interns.
- Participation in a complementary summer-long non-technical intern project, in addition to engineering assignment.
- Informational sessions on a variety of topics exclusively for interns.
- Pursuing a BS Degree in Additive Manufacturing or Materials/Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent), having completed at least two years of college studies.
- Experience designing and analyzing parts being built by Additive Manufacturing
- Knowledgeable of both polymer and metal Additive Manufacturing build processes.
- Experience with Additive Manufacturing software (Inspire, NettFab, Magix)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Eligible for DOD Security Clearance.
- Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability.
- Ability to close on discrete tasking in a timely manner.
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in Creo, AutoCAD, ANSYS, is a plus.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top