Active Directory Engineer
We are looking for a Microsoft Active Directory Systems Engineer who will plan, design, and maintain the Active Directory infrastructure, including Trusts, Group Policies, Replication, Global Catalog, and DFS. You will also:
- Manage, maintain, and document Active Directory integrations using LDAP, Global Catalog, and Kerberos.
- Maintain and upgrade path of all infrastructure services related to and contained in the Active Directory infrastructure.
- Lead and mentor junior active directory administrators and IAM team in best practices and procedures.
- Maintain and ensure service-level and availability of Active Directory infrastructure.
The next effort will require the active directory engineer to assimilate the client's AD environment into its Identity and Access Management and Security team activities leveraging best practices, administer group policies, make sure that the client follows industry standards, and continue to migrate the client's AD into the cloud. ADFS experience is required, and Azure AD experience will be very helpful as the client continues that migration.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Must be a working knowledge of Active Directory
- Knowledge of AD zone types as well as multi forest design and communications
- Background in managing Windows server and workstation-based operating systems (including Windows 2003-2016) via Active Directory Group Policy.
- Experience in the upgrade/maintenance of all facets of a large/enterprise Active Directory environment.
- Direct hands-on experience in IAM (Identity and Access Management)/RBAC (Role-Based Initiatives)
- Experience setting up the AD roadmap
- Strong experience in AD best practices
- Experience standing up domains
- Must be able to work in a team environment with a "can do" attitude
- Self-motivated, with keen attention to detail and excellent judgment skills
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills, strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, contractors, managers, 3rd parties, and customers as needed
- Working knowledge of system hardening (STIGs, SRGs, regulatory compliance)
- Preferred MCSE certification
- Bachelor's Degree in Technical Field
- 3 years active directory experience
- Experience with merger/acquisition/migration projects is a huge plus.
- Documentation, leadership, and strategic planning experience in IAM and Role Based Access Control initiatives desired but not required.
- Experience with agile development methods
- Experience with data integration mechanisms
- Experience with architectural design tools
- Experience working in an Azure integrated Active Directory environment is a huge plus.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top