Accounting Internship- (Fall-2018)
This is a part-time Fall Accounting Internship with BAE Systems Inc., located in Kingsport, TN.
The role of the Accounting / Finance Fall Intern is to support the Accounting team in every day Accounting and Compliance processes. The intern will report to the Controller and will work directly with various leaders and specialists. The candidate should have an interest in developing professional skills in Accounting, Finance and Government Compliance in a manufacturing environment in the Defense industry.
Required Skills and Education
- High School/GED and two years completion of undergraduate studies at an accredited college or university.
- Must have completed sophomore year no later than start of the internship.
- Must be pursuing a degree in accounting or finance.
- The successful intern candidate must be enrolled in and actively pursuing completion of a 4 year degree in an accounting/finance program with a GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Solid computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and work efficiently under deadlines.
- Solid knowledge of accounting theory.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Attention to detail.
- Sound Professional Judgement
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top