BAE Systems Platforms and Services has an opening for an Accountant II to support the Combat Vehicles program in York, PA.
Under minimum supervision performs accounting duties which require a strong working knowledge of accounting practice and theory. Records, classifies, examines, and analyzes data related to accounting transactions to ensure current, accurate, and complete financial information. Collects, summarizes, and analyzes cost data for use in operational trends and preparing cost and financial statements.
- Performs complex tasks providing general or specialized analysis in the Accounts Receivable functional area.
- Prepares specialized reports and analysis. Applies advanced understanding of accounting principles and industry standards in the analysis of financial data. Output is used by financial management towards decisions that impact the organization.
- Evaluate multiple source data applying advanced financial and accounting principles and techniques, industry, business, professional, government and company standards.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of relevant discipline(s), industry practices, trends, and applications. Advises management on new developments and programs.
- May direct the work of less senior personnel.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
- Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education · Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or related degree and 2 years experience OR equivalent Accounting/Finance experience is required
- Strong to advanced knowledge of accounting systems, generally accepted accounting principles, international accounting standards, and ERP systems
- Required Computer Skills: Intermediate to advance Microsoft Excel. Intermediate Microsoft Word and PowerPoint skills. Preferred Skills and Education · ERP systems: Oracle
- Advanced working knowledge of general and cost accounting principles, auditing principles, and computer systems and financial software applications.
- Strong working knowledge of FAR, DFARS, and CAS.
- Strong working knowledge of Department of Defense contract types, billing types and requirements, and contract closeout requirements.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Good planning, time management and organization skills.
- Sound interpersonal skills used when interfacing, coordinating, and negotiating with Company personnel, customers, and suppliers.
- Ability to make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ability to develop/demonstrate research and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional and effective relationships with internal
and external customers.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top