Account Manager - Technical Sales
Join an award winning, dynamic and growing Sales team that provides mission critical business skills across a vibrant, growing and diverse portfolio of opportunities in the Advanced GEOINT Systems business area of BAE Systems, Inc. The opportunity to be part of the Sales team, in one of the leading companies in Aerospace and Defense companies, offers a motivated professional a unique entry point to work across a broad range of activities that supports the sector business development leadership team.
Develop your career and grow your skills in a high intensity, team-based environment with a winning culture that provides an opportunity to interact daily with the business leadership team as well as industry renowned experts and trainers. You will work internally and externally to actively support critical mission needs as we bring new and exciting concepts and approaches to realization and implementation. Work products and interactions will be at multiple levels, from the leadership team down and across the entire multibillion dollar sector organization.
- It is imperative that the candidate be a proficient leader and problem solver.
- The candidate must be a business-focused, creative, technically capable, self-starter who can work across the organization (account executives, customer support and product development) to understand the customers, their needs and their challenges so that requirements can be mapped to the functionality of our software and services.
- The Candidate must identify, develop, and implement near-term and long-term business strategies relating to the sales of GXP products, technologies, and services.
- The candidate must identify markets, licensing opportunities, and determine the feasibility of the business in those areas. The candidate must perform economic analyses on product opportunities, contribute to business models development, and communicate market trends to management.
- The candidate must have a thorough understanding of motion imagery (Full Motion Video, Wide Area Motion Imagery, etc.) and its intelligence applications (MOVINT). The candidate will learn, understand, and be able to communicate how GXP products can be applied to MOVINT.
Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or 12 years of experience in lieu of degree
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or 12 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Experience in technical sales and meeting quotas is a must
- The Account Manager - Technical Sales will attract new clients, retain current clients and serve as a liaison between the client and the broader GXP organization after the products and/or services are installed.
- The Account Manager - Technical Sales will be asked to undertake tasks such as performing market research, creating market strategies and conducting competitive assessments to create viable business cases. Drawing on this same familiarity, the Sales-Engineer will help identify and develop new products and new business models.
- The Account Manager - Technical Sales must be able to translate doctrine, CONOPS and Tactics, Techniques & Procedures (TTPs) into concepts, requirements, and design guidance that internal development teams can understand.
- The Account Manager - Technical Sales must be able to develop broad conceptual solutions that solve customer problems by integrating capabilities and products from across the enterprise to enhance mission effectiveness. This requires extensive knowledge of Enterprise-Class systems in the NSG.
- The Account Manager - Technical Sales must possess extensive knowledge of GXP products, including knowledge about its components, functions, and the scientific processes that make them work. These products are described in the "Products" tab located toward the top of our main landing page: https://www.geospatialexploitationproducts.com/content/
- The Account Manager - Technical Sales must use their advanced technical skills to explain the benefits of GXP products to potential customers and to demonstrate how GXP products are better suited than the products of their competitors.
- The Account Manager - Technical Sales will have a combination of technical knowledge of the products they are selling and strong interpersonal skills because the products and services will often need to be modified and/or adjusted to meet customers' specific needs. The candidate will work closely with Product Management and Engineering to understand and influence the company's product road-map and vision.
- The Account Manager - Technical Sales will have traceable contributions to $5M+ in new sales of Licenses and Technical Services for the financial year.
- Employ "consultative" style selling techniques that focus on the client's problem and showing how it can be solved or mitigated with GXP products or services.
- At least 5 years working experience with Intelligence-Analysis (IA), Geopatial-Analysis (GA) and Full Motion Video (FMV) software applications/systems, including products from GXP, Harris, RemoteView, Palantir, RadiantBlue, Pixia, VideoBank, Novetta, GD-MAAS, etc.
- At least 5 years combined in large-scale proposal development; Enterprise Architecture; and development of Geospatial and Intelligence information systems with integration of commercial vendor technologies.
- TS/SCI preferred.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top