3M Program Assistant (3MA)
- Wallops Island, VA
BAE Systems is seeking a 3M Program Assistant (3MA) to be part of our experienced technical team to assist in the coordination of maintenance and material management (3-M) systems. This position will be located in Wallops Island, VA at the Surface Combat Systems Center (SCSC). The SCSC provides live and simulated integrated warfare capabilities in a net-centric, maritime environment to develop, test, evaluate and conduct fleet operations and training for the warfighter. SCSC is the premier Land Based Test Site for the Aegis and SSDS Navy Shipboard platforms. The mission at SCSC includes Research and Development, Training, Fleet Emergent Testing, System Integration and hardware/software Certification.
The candidate selected as the Contract's 3M Coordinator will have adequate experience and training to effectively perform the duties listed below.
- Ability to implement, evaluate and coordinate the unit's planned maintenance systems (PMS). Assist in the operation and management of the Maintenance Data Systems (MDS).
- Review Maintenance Data System (MDS) submissions for accuracy, completeness, and timeliness. Included in this duty is a requirement to ensure all required 3M submissions are made, and that 3M data returned for correction is promptly revised and resubmitted.
- Ensure the 3M system is kept current and any revisions are promptly distributed.
- Maintain a file of 3M system directives, newsletters, notes, and correspondence containing current 3M program information. Ensure distribution to work center personnel.
- Coordinate, monitor, and supervise automated systems relative to maintenance. The Contractor 3M Assistant will support the 3M Coordinator in his role as the SCSC NTCSS Administrator and the Organizational Maintenance Management System-Next Generation (OMMS-NG) Functional Area Supervisor (FAS).
- Screen MDS documents for completeness.
- Ensure timely processing of Automated Shore Interface configuration and logistics data.
- Ensure timely up line reporting of maintenance actions and equipment file corrections.
- Ensure the PMS covers all equipment in the work center. Maintain an accurate and current LOEP by comparing the documentation with the actual equipment configuration. Submit a PMS FBR when changes to the LOEP are required.
Education and years of experience required: High School Diploma and at least 7 years' experience in maintenance management of shipboard combat systems equipment. Demonstrated ability to prioritize and scheduled personnel to support maintenance tasks across mission facilities and make recommendations for troubleshooting, workarounds or corrective action.
Other skills/experience required:
- Has performed duties as 3M coordinator or 3M assistant coordinator
- Experience maintaining Navy Maintenance Data System (MDS)
- Experience with duties as a NTCSS administrator and the Organizational Maintenance Management System Functional Area Supervisor.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top