2nd Shift Process Engineer - Advanced Composites Manufacturing
Candidate will provide Process Engineering support on a modified 2nd shift for the Advanced Composite Manufacturing (ACM) facility, which produces complex antenna assemblies and radomes for the aerospace industry. The candidate shall have experience supporting complex assemblies in both a development and production environment, creating procedures, and supporting a wide variety of technical projects and assignments.
The start time for this shift may be flexible, with the candidate able to support a start time for the shift between 1:00 pm and 3:30 pm and a shift length of 9 hours. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related Materials Science discipline.
1. Recommends and implements process technologies, lean manufacturing techniques and process flows to execute both production and development programs within the Operations organization.
2. Prepares and/or participates in pFMEA activities; experience with DMAIC, Value Stream Mapping, and SPC tools.
3. Supports ACM technical leadership, including technical assessments, new or existing manufacturing equipment installs/relocation, value stream mapping/simulations, facilitation/space planning.
4. Provides technical support for risk identification and mitigation.
5. Day to day support of the production floor, driving defect reduction, root cause activities, and daily interaction with technicians and operators.
6. Supports the review, analysis, and implementation of corrective action on complex customer problems.
7. Able to understand customer requirements and help ensure deliverables meet cost and schedule requirements.
8. Provides guidance and leadership technicians and support personnel.
9. Performs other duties as assigned. Preferred Skills and Education 1. Basic understanding of composite materials and related manufacturing equipment and processes.
2. Quality related background, including an understanding of AS9100C, auditing, FOD control, and root cause analysis .
3. Ability to develop tools using SharePoint sites, Visual Basic programming skills, Access Database experience are considered a plus. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 100,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Solutions, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Electronic Solutions also includes the group’s Technology Solutions unit, which joins the business with government research organizations and industry to develop and demonstrate innovative system concepts in such areas as situational awareness, communications and networking, and precision targeting. People are the greatest asset in any Company … BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential. Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top