2017 College Grad - Test Eng I
Do you love all aspect of engineering, from the planning and design to the hands on integration? Are you motivated by solving problems and a team work environment? Do you like working in engineering design lab environments, on the manufacturing floor or are you the type of person who wants to get in the field and be hands on at the test ranges with customers? This opportunity opens doors to all that and more right here in BAE Systems’ Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) and Survivability, Targeting and Sensing Solutions (STS) business areas. We are looking for highly motivated candidates to join our Test Engineering team. We have entry level positions for talented electrical, computer or software engineers who want to work at a progressive company where technical excellence is highly valued. Our mission is “We protect those who protect us”, and as a Test Engineer within ECS or STS you will apply your skills to solve some of our biggest challenges for fielded systems. In ECS, these systems integrate state of the art radar warning, electronic support measures, broadband electronic attack, and electronic protection. In STS, these systems integrate state of the art sensors, displays, and lasers into best-value offerings that provide superior imaging, targeting, guidance, and survivability capabilities to directly support those who protect us.
Entry level candidates are exposed to the full product development life-cycle, from requirements development through integration and testing. We achieve this exposure as part of our rotation program for college graduates. You can expect to rotate to a new project, business area, or project phase several times over the first few years of your career. This maximizes your awareness of the vast number of technologies that are used at BAE Systems, and exposes you to the wide variety of career opportunities and growth paths that are available.
Some of the responsibilities of an Entry Level Test Engineer include:
- Generate, review and update the technical content of drawings, engineering specifications, reports, and other documents associated with the engineering process.
- Work alongside senior engineering mentors from multiple disciplines to design both hardware and software solutions for testing our prime mission equipment.
- Develop automated test software in a variety of languages.
- Participate in integration activities of production test systems.
- Engage in troubleshooting test related issues on the manufacturing floor
On top of numerous diverse and challenging career opportunities, BAE offers flexible schedules (including every other Friday off), competitive compensation, and an excellent benefit package that includes tuition reimbursement.
- * Please note: Candidates for these positions will be considered for positions across the greater Nashua, NH area and various engineering hiring teams. **
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be eligible to obtain a US Government Secret level clearance
- Candidate must be a 2017 graduate (April 2017-Sept 2017) with one or more of the following:
o BS or higher degree in Electrical Engineering
o BS or higher degree in Software Engineering
o BS or higher degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
o BS or higher degree in Robotics
o BS or higher degree in Physics or Math
- Advanced computer skills including MS-Office applications
- Experience in conducting design of experiments
- Familiar with the control of hardware through software interfaces
Preferred Skills and Education – GPA of 3.0 or higher is strongly preferred
- Experience working in a project and team based environment
- Experience with computer programming and revision control
- Knowledge and/or experience with the principles of electrical design
- Knowledge and/or experience with the principles of mechanical design
- Demonstrate time and task management with great organizational skills
Highly Desirable (these skills or experience will set candidates apart from the rest):
- Experience working with National Instruments Test Program Set development tools
- Familiarity with RF engineering and design concepts
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes
- Experience with statistical process control in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with RF and digital test equipment (i.e. network analyzers, spectrum analyzers and signals sources)
- Experience working with optical/laser designs
- Research, internship or equivalent experience
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top