The Visual Site Merchandiser will work within our product listing pages to ensure accurate and appropriate product placement throughout each site under Backcountry’s brand umbrella. The ideal candidate has an analytical mindset, ability to extract data to make decisions, attention to detail, desire to improve site user experience, and is self-motivated. This role provides an opportunity for the candidate to further their career at Backcountry, while gaining exposure to the various departments in the organization.
About the Job:
- Daily Campaign Management and Visual Collection Merchandising with cross-functional teams.
- Create and maintain optimal product placement through internal search and navigation utilizing commerce search tools and daily product boosting.
- Setup and manage product boosts/blocks on all catalogs to ensure premium product placement through all product browsing paths
- Analyze sales and search results to prioritize boosting and product placement opportunities
- Create and maintain internal search synonyms to ensure accurate and full search results
- Create redirect URLs to support search tuning efforts
- Coordinate with buying team to identify key/flagship SKUs for optimal product visibility
- Coordinate with buying team on collection, promos and marketing efforts to align product selection and brand image.
- Build rules pages for sales, promotions and featured product to drive sales and margin dollars
- Complete Q&A for rules pages and promos to identify incorrect inventory, broken links and inventory selection opportunities
- Track internal search KPI’s & report weekly, have ability to speak upon your business and results in a group setting
- Site merchandising maintenance – report observed product-mapping, taxonomy, content related irregularities and take appropriate steps to resolve issues
- Visual merchandising or retail experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proven knowledge of outdoor apparel, gear and their technical features
- Interest and understanding of the Backcountry Brand aesthetic and customer
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and prioritize competing tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel with strong analytical skills
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our six online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and Whiskey Militia—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Back to top