User Experience Design Lead
The User Experience Design Lead has outstanding conceptual, interaction, and visual design skills. The User Experience Design Lead will use design thinking to push innovation across the entire organization, contributing to strategy, organizational design, and marketing. As Design Lead you are a passionate advocate of the brand and its users. You have an innate ability to articulate stakeholder visions into intuitive and compelling user experiences. You have a strong track record of designing successful new products. You are collaborative and tireless in the pursuit of excellence throughout the entire product lifecycle. You will bring together, inspire, coach, and mentor our diverse group of visual, UX designers, engineers, and product managers to create a design culture.
About the Job:
- Understand and support both customer needs and business drivers within the solutions provided.
- Communicate design solutions clearly and effectively to fellow designers, key business stakeholders, product managers and engineering.
- Actively pursue continuous improvement based on site analytics and maintain a constant pulse on the behaviors of our customers.
- Support rapid iteration and experimentation of user experience within existing products and new products to increase user engagement and attract new customers.
- Partner closely with the product manager, user experience designers, and engineering team in an Agile environment to successfully build and deploy intuitive products with high quality standards.
- Direct the design and user experience function to align the talent, tools and processes, with the business goals and brand strategy.
- Push both the experience and product design team to the next level.
- Inspire, mentor, grow and attract top design talent.
- Oversee all design and user experience initiatives across all platforms in support of ambitious brand strategy and user engagement goals.
- Closely work with creative director and director of brand to create well rounded design & brand experiences.
- 7+ years experience within the field of user experience and interaction design/development on various platforms.
- 2-3+ years of experience managing a team of user experience designers.
- Experience in and a desire to mentor and develop designers.
- A demonstrated ability to lead a project end-to-end and with a cross-functional team
- Strong communication and presentation skills (both written and oral)
- Strong interaction design, visual design, prototyping skills, and the ability to help shape product strategy
- Human-centric approach to designing products
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills
- Experience in or with retail based experiences or environments.
Backcountry is a portfolio of premium specialty retail brands. We create remarkable customer experiences through the best selection of premium outdoor product, a flawless shopping experience, the expertise of our gearheads, the lightning speed of our fulfillment, and the shared knowledge of our Community. We operate six specialty stores – Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and Whiskey Militia.
Back to top