Trainer, Learning and Development
This person will be responsible for developing, delivering, and measuring effectiveness of our training programs. They will work with all levels of Gearhead Operations to create training and reward/recognition programs. Training programs consist of selling products, services, and the necessary business processes and soft-skills to support the customer experience. Responsibilities include creating a motivational environment, recognizing and rewarding performance, coaching and mentoring Gearhead's, and problem resolution.
ABOUT THE JOB:
- Prepare new and existing Gearheads by familiarizing them to selling processes; developing individual coaching plans and providing resource assistance ongoing
- Improve training effectiveness by developing new approaches and techniques; making support readily available and integrating support with routine job functions
- Manage and facilitate continuous learning and development for our Gearhead sales teams,
- Manage vendor partnerships and coordinates on-going technical and professional training sessions; ensures all Gearheads are up to date with the latest product updates and enhancements
- Consistently updates own sales and product knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining professional networks; participating in all training's
- Suggests methods to improve area operations, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers
- Other special projects as assigned by management
- Sales process certification preferred
- Strong presentation skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Minimum of 2 years of sales training experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- B2B Sales Experience a plus
- Strong customer focus, team player and strong work ethic
- Works in a courteous, polite, professional, and productive manner when interacting with personnel from all departments and vendors
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, & SteepandCheap —aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
Senior Graphic Designer
Georgia collaborates with Backcountry’s Marketing and Content Teams. She ensures the company’s design is cohesive across all channels, including landing pages, social media, and photoshoots.
Back to top