Sr. User Experience Designer UX/UI
If you are as passionate about the outdoors as you are about designing world-class web-based experiences, this is an ideal opportunity for you. Join the Backcountry Product team to help lead user experience design from ideation through implementation. You will be the bridge between content creators and engineers to define the best user experience the outdoor industry has to offer. The perfect candidate for this role will have a great passion for premium retail UX/UI design, and a portfolio to match. To be successful as a member of this team one needs to be customer focused, passionate about building great products that solve real issues.
About the Job:
- At least 5 years UX/UI design experience
- Ability to take complex interaction concepts into visual design quickly
- Partner with Product Owners to deliver effective designs that deliver measurable, positive results towards company goals
- Interest in developing a logical and systematic interaction design system by partnering with UX design team members
- Fluency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Keynote and other design tools
- Fluency in Invision or other interaction prototyping tools
- Familiarity with creating and conducting usability testing and distilling meaningful results from the data
- A passion for getting it right, fit & finish, and pixel pushing
- An eye for industry leading design, and ability to spot smart trends in interaction design
- Comfortable working within an iterative design process, driven by group critique
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present work to groups
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Familiarity with HTML & CSS is a plus
- Lead the ideation through implementation of great experience design that will support business needs for Backcountry
- Participate in backlog grooming, sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint demos, and sprint retrospectives
- Take an iterative approach to design with rapid cycles of design sprints, prototyping, and usability testing
- Work closely with engineers to define the design and behavior of each feature and provide feedback during the feature's implementation
- Align UI and visual design language with existing design standards
- BA Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or other design field, or relevant industry experience.
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Back to top