Sr. Marketing Operations Manager
As the Marketing Operations Director for Backcountry, you’ll be responsible for owning and managing the Backcountry marketing planning and operations process, and ensuring that all campaigns, projects and processes are run accurately, efficiently and timeously. You'll partner closely with the Marketing Director - Brand and Retention, the Creative Director, their respective teams and the Merch team, to manage the processes related to delivering all campaigns accurately and according to brief. This role is central to the effective operation of the marketing organization and reports to the Marketing Director - Brand and Retention.
About the Job:
1. Management of Marketing ‘Tapestry’ Planning and Execution
- Oversee the management, implementation, oversight and day to day operation of the Backcountry marketing planning and operations process
- Build and manage the comprehensive Backcountry marketing calendar to ensure it strategically aligns with and delivers on all brand objectives and marketing campaign initiatives
- Own and manage all briefs and processes related to Tier 1 campaign moments (excluding brand concepts) including objectives, defining RAPID framework, timeframes, deliverables, sign-off, quality control, etc.
- Own and manage the ‘R’ on all trade-offs to calendar timing, prioritization, relative needs, etc.
- Develop and elevate planning / operational tools and processes which drive consistent integration and alignment across the organization
- Ensure peers across the organization are always aligned and informed of key expectations, dates, budgets and other critical data points toward smooth execution of all campaigns.
- Work alongside brand, creative, DR marketing, merchandising, tech prod and product teams to ensure constant alignment in the planning, operations, seamless decision making and execution of all Backcountry brand tapestry moments
- Merchandise / Brand Team Relationship Management
- Key owner of the partnership between brand team and merchandise team
- Understanding of objectives and relative needs of different teams
- Communication partner to merch team and translating variety of different requirements into mutually beneficial plan
- As the only single view of multiple different parts, ensuring that campaigns are well crafted and well thought-through from a journey perspective
- Optimization of current briefing process to ensure that customer experience of all promotions is well-considered and aligned with objectives
- Management of brief deadlines, objectives, deliverables, etc.
- Oversight of all briefs to ensure highest possible quality of inputs
- Quality control of all work being delivered by the creative team - against brief, objectives, etc.
- Oversight of creative and brand team capacity
- Advance planning to ensure that likely input requirements and production capacity are being managed effectively
- Working with existing team members to ensure that priorities are established, and that resources are being reasonably directed towards needs
- Coordination of campaign reporting needs
- Collaboration with marketing analytics and channel owners to accurately and timeously provide reporting and insights related to specific campaign moments and activations
- Lead the evolution of the metrics we report and how we report within the marketing and operations processes, considering both objective and subjective metrics
- 5-7+ years in a planning and operations role preferred
- Team and budget management experience required
- Brand marketing experience preferred
- ecommerce/digital experience preferred
- Experience working with an internal creative team or agency preferred
- Knowledge/experience in the outdoor industry preferred
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our six online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap, —aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
Senior Graphic Designer
Georgia collaborates with Backcountry’s Marketing and Content Teams. She ensures the company’s design is cohesive across all channels, including landing pages, social media, and photoshoots.
Back to top