Sr. Manager, Operations
The Senior Manager, Operations, will work closely with the General Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of the website, including setting strategy and managing cross-functional execution. This role will review, analyze, and implement various site strategies, lead cross-functional initiatives, and ensure that the website meets both its short- and long-term goals. This is an all-encompassing position that requires strategic and operational leadership to drive growth and a strong ability to work collaboratively across business functions.
About the Job:
- Lead execution of site strategy and priorities in alignment with overall company strategic objectives, operating objectives, and financial goals;
- Deep dive and report on the business, including clearly communicating business drivers and directing operational adjustments as needed;
- Ensure efficient, effective operations of all aspects of the business to drive the P&L, including customer acquisition, customer service, site experience, fulfillment, and retention to improve EBITDA and free cash flow;
- Work closely with the site General Manager to deliver against site growth and profitability goals by bringing strategy to life and strengthening operational execution
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, broad general business experience preferred
- 4+ years of experience of e-commerce with a thorough understanding of the key drivers of an e-commerce business, including merchandising, marketing, fulfillment, customer service, and engineering
- A collaborator at heart - this is a cross-functional role that requires partnership with multiple teams across the business
- Strong leadership skills, project management and people management skills
- Candidate must have strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- An individual who can work effectively in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Deep customer obsession, with a passion for creating best-in-class customer experiences
- A high degree of organization and the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Clear, concise communication skills
- A drive for results balanced with a passion for cultivating a healthy, motivating team culture
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
Senior Graphic Designer
Georgia collaborates with Backcountry’s Marketing and Content Teams. She ensures the company’s design is cohesive across all channels, including landing pages, social media, and photoshoots.
Back to top