Sr. Manager, Gearhead Operations
Sr. Manager, Gearhead Operations
This position is responsible for the back-end infrastructure that supports our Gearhead teams, including but not limited to; long term forecasting and planning, workforce management, scheduling, risk mitigation, accounts receivable, and general financial ownership of the payroll budget and income statement. You will need to be a master of managing process to ensure staffing is utilized optimally to enhance and differentiate the customer experience while achieving a maximized return on our cost investments.
About the Job
- Lead the execution of our Gearhead Operations team in alignment with overall objectives and financial goals
- Ensure efficient, effective operations of the business to drive the P&L, including financial modeling and forecasting, intraday management of labor to meet customer demand and cost targets, and mitigation of risk and bad debt
- Streamline the workflow of order processing, improving time to shipment and optimizing the the rate of orders that make it out of the door
- Work closely with the leadership team to deliver against growth and profitability goals by bringing strategy to life and strengthening the operational execution of the entire team
- Mentor and Supervise a team of leaders to inspire & motivate employees, discover best practices, standardize process, and optimize focus towards exceeding targets
- Establish yourself the Business User Advocate and Subject Matter Expert for Contact Center technology platforms
- Strong operational and analytical skill set
- Experience leading teams of technical minded people
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve issues in a highly technical environment
- Ability to plan, organize, and execute multiple projects with timeliness and accuracy
- Must have the ability be self-motivated; to start and finish projects with limited supervision
- Above average knowledge of databases, database theory, and querying tools
- Must possess proficiency with regard to financial budgeting and spending
- Proven ability to develop key relationships both internally and externally
- Proficiency in office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, and Visio.
- Preferred experience leading and owning Contact Center operations
- Preferred working knowledge of Contact Center technology platforms for telephony, chat, ticketing, order management, customer relationship management, workforce management – ie. similar to Verint Impact 360, Cisco CCX, LivePerson, SugarCRM, SAP
- Preferred working knowledge of retail/eCommerce fraud and risk mitigation practices
- Preferred working knowledge of accounts receivable and managing debt and collections
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our six online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
I have the best confluence of a compelling career and a lifestyle that allows me to live as holistically as possible.
Back to top