Sr. Manager- Digital Marketing Channels
The Sr. Manager of Digital Channels will oversee our paid marketing efforts and teams across PLA, SEM, Display and Marketplace channels. The candidate will work within sales, ROI and customer acquisition goals established by senior leadership. She or he will be data-driven, have a strong background in optimizing paid search and display channels and driving business results under tightly managed budgets. She or he will also have experience developing team members and managing external agency relationships.
About the Job:
- Improve efficiency and drive profitable growth through paid search, PLA, shopping search, display and remarketing channels
- Collaborate with analytics groups to implement systems and processes to maximize acquisition of high-value customers while also hitting immediate ROI goals
- Manage a team of 3-4 marketing channel managers
- Evaluate and upgrade marketing toolsets including those powering bid management, inventory-driven dynamic campaigns, product data feeds and reporting
- Collaborate with merchandising team to drive profitable sales of key inventory investments
- Optimize display remarketing channel, develop emerging paid social advertising programs and evaluate emerging advertising technologies
- Foster relationships and negotiate agreements with key advertising, media and technology partners
- 5+ years’ experience in search marketing or online advertising with 2+ years in a management role
- Strong background improving efficiency in direct response marketing channels through testing and process improvement
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to conduct meaningful tests and draw actionable conclusions
- Deep knowledge of DoubleClick required. Strong understanding of Commerce Hub strongly prefered.
- Ability to create and manage channel-level forecasts and goals
- Proven success driving data integrations and connecting marketing systems
- Strong understanding of enterprise analytics tools like Omniture or Google Analytics
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects at once
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our six online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and Whiskey Militia—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
Senior Manager, Off-Price
Nick works with Merchandising, Marketing, and Site Experience Teams to optimize and run the day-to-day work on Backcountry’s off-price business, Steep & Cheap.
Back to top