Sr Financial Analyst, FP&A
The Sr. Financial Analyst, FP&A analyzes and forecasts the company’s performance including the income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement.
About the Job:
- Analyze and forecast site level performance, balance sheet and cash flow statements using input from business partners, capital requirements, company trends and operating forecasts.
- Build and update financial models/budgets and perform ad-hoc data inquiries as needed.
- Work with business intelligence tools to extract relevant data as needed. Work with BI team members to gather data as required.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of financial concepts and principles ofbusiness metrics and analyses, including their application to effective reporting and analysis
- Stay current on retail industry trends & developments; stay current with the latest analytics trends & developments.
- Discuss trends with FP&A team members and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience is required. MBA, CPA or CFA preferred
- 3-5 years of professional experience.
- Advanced Excel & PowerPoint skills required.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills in Word and Outlook required.
- Advanced understanding of financial concepts
- Prior experience in treasury, retail, and ecommerce a plus
- Experience working with Oracle Business Intelligence, Adaptive Planning and Great Plains is preferred
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our six online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and Whiskey Militia—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Back to top