Sr. Data Center Systems Engineer
The Sr. Data Center Systems Engineer is expected to provide technology and operational expertise in developing, maintaining, and monitoring a consistent, flexible and reliable enterprise data center environment.
To be considered for this position it is essential that you have well developed communication skills and can demonstrate, from your past experience, both the technical ability and problem solving skills to very high levels.
About the Job:
• Must be able to work independently to gather requirements and translate those into solutions for the appropriate business needs.
• Design, implement and manage NetApp storage, backup, recovery, and data management solutions
• Troubleshoot NetApp storage arrays and SAN infrastructures as needed
• Working knowledge of Cisco UCS server hardware, F5 load balancers, and NetApp storage arrays
• Maintain block-based protocols (FC and FCOE) and file-based protocols (CIFS and NFS)
• Support and maintain VMware environments with best practice methodologies
• Hands-on experience with complex server deployments that involve Enterprise Storage connectivity
• Application and middleware performance troubleshooting, as well as optimization of technical architecture
• Balance independent problem solving with proactive, organized requests for support from team members with different experience
• Maintain hardware and software support contracts for critical data center equipment responsible for our compute and storage needs.
• Minimum 5 years of professional IT infrastructure experience
• At least 5 years IT operational experience
• 5+ years experience in related field experience with one or more of our key vendors' products - Cisco, EMC, NetApp VMware, Citrix, f5
• Minimum 3 years experience designing or implementing storage and SAN solutions
• Minimum 3 years experience administrating Microsoft and Linux systems
• At least 3 years experience designing or implementing data center system implementations
• Minimum 2 years experience designing or implementing Active Directory and Exchange solutions
• Demonstrated understanding and/or experience with Converged Infrastructure
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and bring order to ambiguous situations
• Possess a generalist level of expertise on one or more distinct data center functional areas - this includes; compute hardware and operating systems, storage and storage area networks, server - storage - network virtualization, workload and data center automation, private - public - hybrid cloud, data center networking, application load balancing/delivery, data center security, backup & recovery.
• Demonstrated understanding of data center security and PCI
• Provide a base level understanding of 1 or more Cloud automation stacks (VMware SDDC, OpenStack, CloudStack, etc)
• Provide a base level understanding of Application Development and its respective environments
• Certifications from our key vendors listed is a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
• Able to relay technical information to both technical and non-technical staff
• Exceptional problem solving and organizational skills
• Must possess excellent time management and independent work skills
• The person in this role must also demonstrate the utmost professionalism The person in this role must also demonstrate the utmost professionalism
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our six online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and Whiskey Militia—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
Senior Manager, Off-Price
Nick works with Merchandising, Marketing, and Site Experience Teams to optimize and run the day-to-day work on Backcountry’s off-price business, Steep & Cheap.
Back to top