Sr. Brand Manager of Planning & Operations
As the Sr. Brand Manager of Planning and Operations for Backcountry, you’ll own/manage the Backcountry planning and operations process and all enabling brand functions from start to finish. You'll lead a team of Brand functions and partner closely with the Brand manager team for the successful and timely execution of multiple campaigns across Backcountry’s portfolio. This role is the foundation of the brand and marketing organizations and reports directly to the Head of Brand Marketing.
About the Job:
- Build and empower a world class brand planning and operations team.
- Be a strategic and creative brand partner for the wider organization and brand/creative teams.
- Oversee implementation, oversight, evolution and day to day leadership of the new Backcountry Planning and Operations Process across the portfolio (Backcountry.com, Competitive Cyclist, Steep and Cheap).
- Development and elevation of planning/operation tools and processes which drive consistent integration and alignment across the organization.
- Ensure peers on the Brand Marketing team are always aligned and informed of key expectations, dates, budgets and other critical data points toward smooth execution of all campaigns.
- Partner with the Head of Brand Marketing as your key partner for all critical information updates for all major works inside of the brand organization.
- Work alongside brand, marketing and merchandising teams to ensure constant alignment in the planning and operations process and seamless decision making and executions across the Backcountry brands.
- Manager a team key functional brand members and teams including: brand planning, brand operations, brand analytics, MDF and technical production.
- Build and manage the comprehensive Backcountry marketing calendar to insure it strategically aligns with and delivers on brand plans and initiatives.
- Partner with the creative team to insure successful, timely implementation of all brand initiatives across all channels.
- 5-7+ years in a planning and operations role preferred
- Team and budget management experience required
- Brand marketing experience preferred
- ecommerce/digital experience preferred
- Experience working with an internal creative team or agency preferred
- Knowledge/experience in the outdoor industry preferred
Backcountry is the leading online retailer of premium outdoor gear. Our mission at Backcountry, why we exist, is to connect people to their passions. We create remarkable customer experiences through the best selection of outdoor product, a flawless shopping experience, the expertise of our gearheads, the lightning speed of our fulfillment, and the shared knowledge of our Community. We operate six online specialty stores- Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and WhiskeyMilitia.
Back to top