As a Software Engineer you will play an integral role in Backcountry’s backend efforts, in a range of systems that involve recommendations and personalization, transactional notifications to customers, and change data capture systems. Our Engineers develop with creativity and performance in their minds. We work with cutting edge Java frameworks and assist the product teams to identify feasibility of experiences to thrill our customers.
As a Software Engineer, you will help develop our key initiatives in the Marketing Technology department, and help design solutions to complex problems.
About the Job:
- Build highly concurrent systems to process high volumes of data in realtime
- Build scalable systems that run in failover environments
- Work with relational and non relational databases.
- Work with product managers to understand the customers, their requirements and design scalable solutions to thrill customers
- Raise the bar. Share your ideas and experience with other engineers, and advocate for best practices, great usability and exceptional quality
- Favor TDD. Build unit tests and integration tests to ensure system integrity.
- Have ownership of the systems deployed in production environment.
- At least 2 years of experience in software development.
- Passion for test driven development, modular designs, and shipping quality products
- Prior success in implementing continuous delivery is preferred
- Experience with various platforms and frameworks such as Spring and Play.
- Experience developing APIs in a SOA environment
- Experience working with JMS or similar messaging systems
- Scala development skills is a plus.
- Java 8 development skills is a plus.
- Experience with Big Data is a plus.
About BackcountryBackcountry is the leading online retailer of premium outdoor gear. Our mission at Backcountry, why we exist, is to connect people to their passions. We create remarkable customer experiences through the best selection of outdoor product, a flawless shopping experience, the expertise of our gearheads, the lightning speed of our fulfillment, and the shared knowledge of our Community. We operate six online specialty stores- Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and WhiskeyMilitia.
Back to top