As a Software Engineer you will support the growth of MotoSport.com by designing and building new software solutions focusing on the data side (Relational Databases and NoSQL) of RESTful web service technologies.
ABOUT THE JOB:
- Build great software, period. Design and model data from MS-SQL Server, Postgres and MongoDB to meet business requirements and then deliver it to the MotoSport.com code via REST and JSON.
- Use Python to build and maintain cross-platform web service architecture with JSON RESTful web services.
- Maintain, Transition and Replace legacy SQL Server processes with modern techniques. Data lives in MS-SQL, Postgres and MongoDB.
- Raise the bar. Share your ideas and experience with other engineers, and advocate for best practices, great usability and exceptional quality
- Work with product managers to understand the customers, their requirements and design scalable solutions to thrill customers in an agile Scrum environment.
- 3+ years Experience using various data storage mechanisms (Relational DB (MSSQL, Postgres), Cloud Storage, NoSQL, etc.) as well as experience with ORM. Comfort with Stored Procedures, Database Jobs and User-defined functions. Database analysis and tuning a plus.
- 3+ years Experience with object-oriented software development, ideally in Python, but Java and PHP are also acceptable. Software development will be mostly in Python with some PHP.
- 3+ years Experience designing and implementing RESTful web services using frameworks like flask.
- Comfortable operating in a full-stack role using Linux, although not required.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services is a plus
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment is a plus.
- Java Experience is a plus.
- Passion for automated testing, modular designs, and shipping quality code
MotoSport.com is more than a powersports company. We are a gathering of power sports devotees who ride and wrench like there’s no tomorrow… just like our customers. Because we ‘re living the moto life, we make sure that we have the right parts and gear for you – whoever you are. But we wouldn’t be that different from the other guys if we just had a ton of stuff, would we? So we’ll do you one better: here at MotoSport.com we have a wealth of expert knowledge that comes from experience. That means our customers get the right parts and gear every time, and we go above and beyond to get it there in time. At the end of it all, we strive to make people (who aren’t that different from us) happy and satisfied… after all, we know what it’s like to be passionate about powersports, so who better to bring that enthusiasm to life than MotoSport?
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. MotoSport employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Check us out in action here:
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
Senior Graphic Designer
Georgia collaborates with Backcountry’s Marketing and Content Teams. She ensures the company’s design is cohesive across all channels, including landing pages, social media, and photoshoots.
Back to top