As a Software Engineer you will contribute solving business and technical challenges through web-based software design and development. You will also help the team to continue moving the platform up and forward by making it more performant and scalable in order to support continuously growing traffic patterns.
About the Job:
- Build great software products to delight customers. Period.
- Automate the quality assurance of your software by testing everything you do through code.
- Raise the bar. Share your ideas and experience with other engineers, and advocate for best practices, great usability and exceptional quality.
- Collaborate with Ops engineers to look for automation opportunities wherever possible.
- Work with product managers to understand the customers, their requirements and design scalable solutions to meet their high standard.
About the Job:
- Experience designing and building software in any of the different object oriented and dynamic languages such as: Java, C++, C#, Perl, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Familiar with various data storage mechanisms (Relational Databases, Cloud Storage, NoSQL, etc.). Knowledgeable in at least one of them.
- Familiar with various web architectures, platforms, and frameworks.
- Experience building APIs within an SOA environment.
- Passion for test driven development, modular designs, and shipping quality code.
- Comfortable in a continuous delivery environment.
- Familiar with automation tools and infrastructure as code.
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our six online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and Whiskey Militia—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
Senior Manager, Off-Price
Nick works with Merchandising, Marketing, and Site Experience Teams to optimize and run the day-to-day work on Backcountry’s off-price business, Steep & Cheap.
Back to top