SEO Marketing Manager
Backcountry is hiring for a key role within our customer acquisition team, for somebody to own the strategy and execution for the SEO channel. The SEO Marketing Manager identifies, prioritizes, and executes organic search opportunities across a family of websites including Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist and Steep and Cheap. The ideal candidate has experience of building and executing an SEO roadmap for an online retailer.
About the Job:
- Build a holistic SEO strategy and roadmap that drives incremental revenue
- Proactively analyze and identify organic search opportunities and develop a roadmap to attain improved rankings and increase organic traffic
- Support brand team in development and execution of content creation strategy to drive organic search traffic growth and identify website enhancements that create relevant and indexable content that meet SEO requirements
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, UX and Content teams to prioritize and develop SEO enhancements
- Ensure key Marketing and Product releases meet SEO needs with ongoing QA and communication of recommended changes
- Analyze and update internal linking structure to meet SEO requirements
- Conduct LPO (Landing Page Optimization) to decrease bounce rates and increase conversion
- Monitor creation of new page types and static pages to ensure SEO standards are met
- Monitor existing SEO campaigns and rankings and proactively report concerns or opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree (in Business or related degree)
- 4+ years’ experience search engine optimization or 2+ years’ experience managing organic search for an ecommerce company
- Deep understanding of search engines and what influences rankings and indexation
- A thorough understanding of keyword research and how to identify potential high-value terms
- In-depth understanding of how to structure page elements for optimal heirarchy of information
- Deep understanding of effective Mobile SEO stategy and implementation
- Experience with website analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics.
- Experience with SEO tools such as Google Webmaster Tools, Bing Webmaster Tools, BrightEdge, Moz.
- Backcountry is the leading online retailer of premium outdoor gear. Our mission at Backcountry, why we exist, is to connect people to their passions. We create remarkable customer experiences through the best selection of outdoor product, a flawless shopping experience, the expertise of our gearheads, the lightning speed of our fulfillment, and the shared knowledge of our Community. We operate six online specialty stores- Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and WhiskeyMilitia.
Back to top