Senior User Experience Designer
The Sr. User Experience Designer has outstanding conceptual, interaction, and visual design skills. Our User Experience Designers play a vital role in ensuring the products we build for our customers match their behaviors, attitudes, and emotions. User Experience Designers have a strong understanding of user-centered interaction design principles, and work collaboratively with Product Management and Engineering to build innovative, user-friendly products that delight and retain our customers. This is a senior role reporting into the User Experience Design Manager.
About the Job:
- Align your thinking and design principles with the behaviors, attitudes, and emotions of our customers and speak knowledgeably to them at all stages of product development
- Identify and/or empathize with critical problems in our customer journey and provide compelling solutions that are elegant, useful and effective.
- Understand and support both customer needs and business drivers within the solutions provided
- Communicate design solutions clearly and effectively to fellow designers, key business stakeholders, product managers and engineering.
- Actively pursue continuous improvement based on site analytics and maintain a constant pulse on the behaviors of our customers
- Build new and innovative products that our customers love to use and give us a distinct advantage over our competition
- 5+ years experience as a User Experience Designer or related field
- Academic background in visual/human interaction, computer science, graphic design, or related field preferred
- Detailed user-centered design process including rapid prototyping and user testing
- Strong visual design sensibilities
- Proven record of design usability for web-based experiences—large-scale or e-commerce experience a plus
- Proficient in working with Adobe's Creative Suite and/or other modern interaction design tools (e.g. Sketch)
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our six online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and Whiskey Militia—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
Senior Manager, Off-Price
Nick works with Merchandising, Marketing, and Site Experience Teams to optimize and run the day-to-day work on Backcountry’s off-price business, Steep & Cheap.
Back to top