Senior User Experience Designer
The Sr. User Experience Designer has outstanding conceptual, interaction, and visual design skills. Our User Experience Designers play a vital role in ensuring the products we build for our customers match their behaviors, attitudes, and emotions. User Experience Designers have a strong understanding of user-centered interaction design principles, and work collaboratively with Product Management and Engineering to build innovative, user-friendly products that delight and retain our customers. This is a senior role reporting into the User Experience Design Manager.
About the Job:
- Align your thinking and design principles with the behaviors, attitudes, and emotions of our customers and speak knowledgeably to them at all stages of product development
- Identify and/or empathize with critical problems in our customer journey and provide compelling solutions that are elegant, useful and effective.
- Understand and support both customer needs and business drivers within the solutions provided
- Communicate design solutions clearly and effectively to fellow designers, key business stakeholders, product managers and engineering.
- Actively pursue continuous improvement based on site analytics and maintain a constant pulse on the behaviors of our customers
- Build new and innovative products that our customers love to use and give us a distinct advantage over our competition
- 5+ years experience as a User Experience Designer or related field
- Academic background in visual/human interaction, computer science, graphic design, or related field preferred
- Detailed user-centered design process including rapid prototyping and user testing
- Strong visual design sensibilities
- Proven record of design usability for web-based experiences—large-scale or e-commerce experience a plus
- Proficient in working with Adobe's Creative Suite and/or other modern interaction design tools (e.g. Sketch)
Backcountry is the leading online retailer of premium outdoor gear. Our mission at Backcountry, why we exist, is to connect people to their passions. We create remarkable customer experiences through the best selection of outdoor product, a flawless shopping experience, the expertise of our gearheads, the lightning speed of our fulfillment, and the shared knowledge of our Community. We operate six online specialty stores- Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and WhiskeyMilitia.
Back to top