Senior Software Engineer - Front End
As a Senior Engineer you will play an integral role in Backcountry’s customer loyalty initiative. You’ll work across our full stack from working with UX to design A/B tests to building features that enhance our site at a scale of millions of visits/month and from optimizing business critical code to gathering data and helping business stakeholders make sense of it. Our stack is mostly Node.js/Express, Scala Play and Java paired with Oracle/Postgres/MongoDB on the backend, Backbone, React, Webpack, jQuery, Compass/SASS on the frontend.As a Senior Engineer, you will provide technical leadership in the area of development and design solutions to complex problems.
About the Job:
- Build the best user experience to delight customers. Period.
- Develop cross-platform web-based applications using technologies such as Node.js, React, Webpack, etc.
- Raise the bar. Share your ideas and experience with other engineers, and advocate for best practices, great usability and exceptional quality
- Work with product managers to understand the customers, their requirements and design scalable solutions to thrill customers
- Advanced knowledge of modern frontend development
- Experience designing and building software in any of the different object oriented and dynamic languages such as Java
- Strong experience with different data storage mechanisms (Relational Databases, Cloud Storage, NoSQL, etc.)
- Familiar with various web architectures, platforms, and frameworks.
- Experience working with a microservices.
- Passion for test driven development, modular designs, and shipping quality code.
- Comfortable in a continuous delivery environment.
- Familiar with automation tools and infrastructure as code.
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
I have the best confluence of a compelling career and a lifestyle that allows me to live as holistically as possible.
Back to top