Senior Software Engineer - ERP
The Senior Software Engineer will play an essential role on designing, building and maintaining the SAP S/4HANA Cloud implementation for Backcountry.com She will work closely with other members of the team to port core business functionality from the legacy backend platform to this cloud based solution.
The Senior Software Engineer will strive to understand the product and its set of processes, demonstrate ownership of those systems, services and features and collaborate on the implementation of the ERP in an Agile environment where the candidate will contribute to build and groom the backlog, decomposing the effort into stories and tasks. She will be an advocate for doing things right, but also be realistic and considerate of the business needs.
As a Senior Software engineer you will continuously increase your technical resume by constantly exploring and learning cutting edge technologies that benefit the software engineering processes across the organization. You will also generate knowledge that will be shared with your peers. You will work on the definition of software development standards and best practices to guarantee the quality and performance of Backcountry’s software ecosystem. A Senior Software Engineer should be capable of instructing, influencing and enabling engineers to achieve success on the company’s initiatives as well as all other projects.
About The Job:
- Leadership demonstrated through exceptional work ethic, strong written and verbal communication, and quality developments
- Contribute to a successful implementation and integration of Cloud SAP for Backcountry.com
- Motivate team members and provide career guidance and mentorship to less experienced members of the team
- Advocate best practices and ensure the team follows solid architectural principles
- Partner with team leads, product managers and business stakeholders to solve business problems. This is typically accomplished by understanding business needs, developing a backlog of user stories, estimating work, and guiding the team in delivering solutions
- Collaborate with other teams for architecture reviews
- Foster a sense of ownership within the team to ensure that system failures are rapidly diagnosed and remediated
- Maintain and support our code release process
- Establish, drive, and maintain a culture of metrics and monitoring
- Successful completion of projects dealing with large amounts of integration of systems.
- Knowledgeable on eventing, SOA and micro services.
- Capable of visualizing different options to integrate software components.
- Familiar with web-based application development.
- Relational database experience - Postgres, Oracle, SQL server, etc.
- Skilled in Object Oriented design (loose coupling, DRY, domain modeling, interfaces, abstraction)
- Experience implementing Continuous Integration processes.
- Familiar with various web architectures, platforms, and frameworks
- Knowledge in the design and implementation of RESTful APIs preferred
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment preferred
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or Bachelor’s Degree with equivalent experience preferred
- Experience with SAP Cloud Platform is a plus
- Experience on Java development, as well as server side JS development is a plus.
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
I have the best confluence of a compelling career and a lifestyle that allows me to live as holistically as possible.
Back to top