Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Engineer you will play an integral role in Backcountry’s website and commerce platform development efforts. Our Engineers develop cross-platform web-based applications that look beautiful and perform at blazing speed. We work with modern languages and frameworks, and assist the product teams to identify feasibility of experiences to thrill our customers. You will provide technical leadership in the area of development and design solutions to complex problems.
About the Job:
- Build great software products to delight customers. Period.
- Develop cross-platform web-based applications using modern languages like Node, Java and Scala as well as related frameworks including: Express, React, Play and Spring.
- Raise the bar. Share your ideas and experience with other engineers, and advocate for best practices, great usability and exceptional quality.
- Work with product managers to understand the customers, their requirements and design scalable solutions to thrill customers.
- Automate the quality assurance of your software by testing everything you do through code.
- Collaborate with Ops engineers to look for automation opportunities wherever possible.
- Help moving the platform forward by proposing and implementing platform improvements.
- Own the full stack of the applications the team works on: design, development, monitoring at all layers, troubleshooting and performance awareness.
- 3+ years using any of the various data storage mechanisms (Relational DB, Cloud Storage, NoSQL, etc.)
- Fluent with various web architectures, platforms, and frameworks.
- Experience building APIs within an SOA environment.
- Passion for test driven development, modular designs, and shipping quality code.
- Prior success in implementing continuous delivery is preferred.
- Familiar with automation tools and infrastructure as code.
- Very good understanding of what is included in a web application and what makes it performant at its different layers.
Backcountry is the leading online retailer of premium outdoor gear. Our mission at Backcountry, why we exist, is to connect people to their passions. We create remarkable customer experiences through the best selection of outdoor product, a flawless shopping experience, the expertise of our gearheads, the lightning speed of our fulfillment, and the shared knowledge of our Community. We operate six online specialty stores- Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, SteepandCheap, and WhiskeyMilitia.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
Senior Manager, Off-Price
Nick works with Merchandising, Marketing, and Site Experience Teams to optimize and run the day-to-day work on Backcountry’s off-price business, Steep & Cheap.
Back to top