Senior Manager, Fulfillment Analytics and Process Improvement
The Senior Manager, Fulfillment Analytics and Process Improvements will be an integral part of supply chain management, planning, and analytics at Backcountry. This position will serve as the “business expert” in supply chain and will be expected to manage multiple work streams for supply chain modeling and analysis in the context of all fulfillment and supply chain operations and other ad-hoc analysis requests. The Senior Manager, Fulfillment Analytics and Process Improvement will report to the Senior VP of Global Fulfillment and work with internal and external partners on initiatives and projects to analyze, propose and drive an optimized supply chain at Backcountry.
About the Job:
- Participate with fulfillment leadership to define and drive fulfillment direction, with the primary strategy of increasing efficiency (scale) and service to customers
- Manage end-to-end supply chain reporting, analytics, and process improvement teams.
- Manage departmental analytics including ad hoc and predictive analyses, scorecards, and reporting throughout the supply chain
- Manage and lead qualitative and quantitative research projects and teams across fulfillment including sizing, scoping, and prioritization
- Partner with senior leaders to Manage projects and programs identifying, developing, maintaining and driving initiatives that will improve fulfillment efficiency and processes to: decrease fulfillment cost % of revenue, reduce shipping expenses and improve service to customers (speed, accuracy, etc)
- Create, maintain, and publish a scorecard to measure the success of initiatives and improvements
- Drive a lean process approach that harmonizes a lean material handling system with space utilization and lean merchandise flow
- Ensure consistency in best practices, processes, and projects across fulfillment centers
- Own and evolve demand forecasting, capacity planning, and KPI reporting (to include engineered labor standards) for fulfillment operations
- Act as the shipping “czar” to clear all shipping promotion decisions across all departments/constituents to ensure that we are maximizing direct profit when making shipping revenue/expense tradeoffs
- Coordinate with various teams fulfillment, merch, engineering, etc. to align and prioritize work that requires any systems changes
- Use in-depth understanding of the extended supply chain to identify opportunities for process improvement and develop of end-to-end solutions
- Own the bi-weekly operations efficiency meeting, including reporting on a fulfillment dashboard, updates on initiative progress and priorities and measuring success of implemented projects
- Serve as the liaison to D&I on data/reporting needs
- Provide strategic planning/ framework for end to end supply chain management including cross functional supply chain integration
- Champion Backcountry's core values through your actions
About the Job:
- Bachelors degree in related field; Masters Degree Preferred
- 4-6 years of experience managing analytical projects and supply chain or cost modeling, preferably in a high volume, multi-location, distribution environment with a concentrating on supply chain modeling and analysis
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Extensive knowledge and experience in handling large data sets in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to create ad-hoc reports and presentations as business dictates
- Preferred Lean Six Sigma background with certification
- Experience in Microsoft Access and SQL Server
- Ecommerce and retail experience
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Back to top