Senior Digital Designer
The Senior Digital Designer is a hands-on role for a passionate, creative-minded candidate with a sharp eye for strong design, attention to detail, and a desire to push the envelope in the digital space. This role is responsible for concept and production of organic and promoted social media content, and marketing emails that are consistent with our brand standards. We’re looking for someone who loves social media and will help our brand expand into new content mediums, including innovative product animations, cinemagraphs, stop motion, and other emerging video formats. The ideal candidate will enjoy the entire creative process from conception, to production, to testing performance and developing best practices.
About the job:
- Conceptualize and develop digital assets for Backcountry, including organic social (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube) and paid social campaigns, and marketing emails
- Identify new opportunity to elevate our brand in the digital space, staying up to date on best practices in social media and email
- Maintain consistency across the brand in accordance with visual and copy guidelines
- Ensuring graphic deliverables are on-brand, within budget, and meet deadlines
- Collaborate closely with relevant team members to creative dynamic content through various mediums (social, performance marketing, email, video)
- Providing clear and effective photo direction and work closely with our photographers in order to create compelling assets that align with our campaigns
- Staying up to date with modern outdoor culture and current trends in design and videography
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, Advertising or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of digital design experience in ecommerce, retail, or agency space
- A strong online portfolio, exhibiting strong graphic competency and a clean visual aesthetic
- Critical, conceptual thinker with excellent attention to detail and the ability multi task, prioritize, and work efficiently under deadline
- Extensive experience with Illustrator, Photoshop and Lightroom and can efficiently create mock-ups, social media and email assets.
- Experience with video editing and motion graphics / digital animation
- Embraces a data-driven creative approach, continuously evolving creative based on channel performance
- Social media platform proficiency (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, SnapChat, etc)
- Must be passionate about social media and connecting with our customers through these platforms
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Back to top