Let’s be honest, paid search is hard.
Faced with constant innovation and increased competition as a digital marketer you are being forced to change strategies, develop new skills, and test new initiatives to keep ahead of the competition. That’s why you love what you do, and that’s why you should apply for this job.
At Backcountry.com we are looking for a Manager of Paid Search Marketing to help lead marketing across our three sites; Backcountry, Steep and Cheap, and Competitive Cyclist. We are looking for a unique blend of core SEM and PLA skills; a strong bias for action; a stomach for change; and a sense of humor, all wrapped up in to one. If you are this unicorn, let’s talk. In addition to some serious resume bullets, this job offers a killer gear discount, a work environment where you’ll be stretched, colleagues who are whip smart, and frequently required team meetings such as ski, mountain bike, and camping days.
This is a critical role which will help drive sustainable YoY performance growth, while working across the business with merchandising, finance and other marketing roles to build marketing strategies which leave our competitors in the dust.
Education and Experience
- College degree in marketing or related field
- Ideal candidate possesses a minimum of 5 years of digital marketing experience
- Experience should primarily be in management of eCommerce campaigns
- Expert understanding and ability to action on digital marketing concepts and analytics
- Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Effective project management and organizational skills
- Experience managing a team
- Backbone of steel, along with the strength to own their mistakes.
About the Job
Paid Search Strategic Contributions:
- Establishes strategic direction for paid search campaigns
- Ensures paid search and shopping programs are aligned with site KPIs
- Partners with key stakeholders to communicate strategic value of SEM efforts to grow internal knowledge and affinity for SEM related efforts.
- Leads key strategic projects in bidding strategy, creative and landing page optimization.
- Uses data and analytics to drive strategic insights, both within and outside of the paid search program.
- Ensures agency partners are informed and aligned on KPIs.
- Provides subject matter expertise on paid search strategies to members of Brand Marketing, Measurement & Analytics, International Marketing, Product Development, IT, and other groups as needed.
- Plays a leading role in managing key relationships with vendors such as Google, Bing and paid search agencies.
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap, —aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
Meet Some of Backcountry.com's Employees
Senior Graphic Designer
Georgia collaborates with Backcountry’s Marketing and Content Teams. She ensures the company’s design is cohesive across all channels, including landing pages, social media, and photoshoots.
Back to top